Unstable

2K3 Model......

So who had the opportunity to check out the New Racer Model 2K3 over at the Jumpshack tent at WFFC this Year? I've only seen one other so far -
I was personally very impressed with the design. It had Bullet-proof tucktabs over the shoulders - as strong as any other rig on the market. Internal Riser covers as well. The Main Pin Flap was held in place by 4 small tuck tabs along the semi-circle flap - just as rock solid as the Mirage..
Still Using the Two-pin pop-top system - a big plus in my eye.

It seems that Jump Shack has redesigned the Racer in all it's weak points - but still leaving all the classic Racer Pros! I had a several conversations with the Jumpshack staff over the course of the week - Right now a Racer 2K3 is looking like I may end up ordering one this april :)
Anybody have any feelings towards the new and improved Racer by Jumpshack??
=========Shaun ==========

I would like to see some pictures.

The rig you describe sounds very tempting, but I haven't seen any new Racers, and the website is seriously lacking in decent pics.

Also, Racers don't seem to have a big following over here...

I'm still about 2yrs away from buying a rig, but I'm doing my research...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

I have to agree with you. Any one who disses a racer hasn't seen the 2k3. It is very impressive IMO considering what the original design consisted of.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Wasn't impressed. Nothing new under the sun.

Well when ANYONE actually makes something new under the sun let the rest of us know OK;) Mr. inimpressed:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

My opinion is that Howard Adams was sporting a very small, extremely tidy rig at the WFFC

are you talking about that little grey one they had. or the black and red one. either one was freakin tiny. i was going to jump the grey one with a 113 reserve and that 75 firebolt (i think that's the new canopy), but i didn't have time to run over there to grab it.

later

At a Mullins Boogie this summer I saw a New 2k3 model (one of the first one's sent out, or so i understand) that was holding a 230 main and a 200 reserve (very elderly and honourable gentleman was jumping it) It still had clean and tidy lines, bulletproof flaps and a good feel to it - this isn't just for dinky canopies.

I've seen several infinities, tried them on but never Have i Jumped one. [:/] It's hard to compare a 2k3 to an infinity because they are marketed towards different purposes. Now that Altico is winding down, a gap has been created for a new low cost container, and the 2k3 is not Jumpshacks response to this, as i believe that the infinity is.