sunnydee123

Where's the place to be...

Question to the masses...I am a new freeflier (female) and if I was to get to go 3 places and/or to 3 events this year, where would I want to go? Want to jump as much as possible, learn as much as possible and meet as many faces behind this great sport as possible. I've "heard" about an "original" No Manifest Boogie and WFFC. Just want to make the most of my time and looking for suggestions as I budget out my vacation days. So whats the masses say? Thanks friends, Denise

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Well, if you were closer to Texas, I'd say come to the Texas State Record FF attempt in June, but that'd be one heck of a drive.

If you're really wanting to learn, go to one of the bigger DZs around you and get some FF coaching, since they all seem to have kick ass FFers on hand for that.B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I wasn't suggesting that she be on the attempt, its just that we're going to have some kick ass FFers out here and I know that some of them will be willing to do some coaching.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thanks for the info - either of you know about some "no manifest" boogie or world free fall convention?

AirAnn...is that pic you and did you get my email I sent last week with more pics?

Just booked a flight for Cross Keys in July - that place should be fun and it is close to fam so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Had a great weekend sitting and did my first 3-way. I was SOOO excited!

There are a group of women that call themselves the Pink Mafia www.thepinkmafia.com I dont know how to make it go clicky
If you attened the boogies that these girls go to they will for sure entertain you and the skill level they posses will really help you..

I see that you are from Sebastian... One of the founding members wll be moving to Melbourne at the end of June and will jump alot at Sebastian..

So check out there website an.(events schedule) Seriously!!!!drop Brooke,Alli, or Melanie an email and these girls will keep you rolling on where to go for good times, good skydives, and a way to meet everybody at a boogie. Tell them I sent you. You wont be dssapointed..

The organization was formed only three months ago for the pure reason for girls like you to get a chance to meet other girls to travel and skydive together..

WHOA! The Pink Mafia looks like an awefully fun bunch....might have to make contact there although I must admit - I am not the biggest fan of pink...hee hee

Thanks Canuck - got it.....Looks like a busy event that WFFC and was wondering how jumping is. Also wondering what exactly the registration fee is for. Guess I need to do some more research.

Is it Friday afternoon yet - I'm ready to make some jumps!

I know the real reason, -You will be there, AggieDave- LOL B| I dont know you had not maifested her yet, Good Lord!!

Just for those who dont know-
Record attempts are very serious for the freeflyer/freeflyers that are involved. You can not be off. Not on a big way. Not even a little bit on a big way.

There willl be some awesome flyers at the event and that is a fact.

Ordinarily, its a Dont call us - we will call you. Alive Skydivers arent stupid. So... they invite the persons known to be able to possibly pull it off without killing anyone. Speeds are really fast on a big way.

Maybe I know this and maybe I made it up.
:S

~AirAnn~

Just remember that when you go to a large boogie like WFFC, there are a bunch of people in the air. Make sure your canopy skills are up to par for that. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Since your home DZ is Sebastian, you shouldn't have trouble finding good talent to jump with. Some of the best in the world reside there as you must know. If you want big events, go to the chicks rock boogie! I would also try Cross Keys and the almighty WFFC! Have fun!

Continued thanks to all......I'm not sure if I am NOT the normal skydiver but I CHOOSE not to put myself in any compromising positions just yet - even though I am WAY ANXIOUS to jump and be seen with "the cool kids". I know I love this sport, I know I love the newest aspect of it (freeflying) but I also know I don't want to get labeled as the "pain in the ass who messed something up". I still have LOTS to learn and I admit it so that is a good thing, right? I think the WFFC would be a blast but I also would "check things out" before I'd consider jumping in a sky full of canopies. Had a close call under canopy at about jump 40 and it was enough to make me very aware at how dangerous this sport still is, all the way until you are on the ground and parachute back in hand. I need to step outside my home arena and go to some new places to make sure I can deal with the "rush" no matter where I am....ya know - nerves mixed with adrenaline really make you stay on your toes......I can't wait to meet everyone and be ware - I may not have a camera on my helmet yet but I always have one in hand......Wondering where I will be for jump 100 ~ Until then, Denise

If you would like to travel abroad then the Swedish freefly festival coming up in July will be the one to be at. The top Freeflyers in the world will be there load organising, coaching etc and it is a wicked party to be had by all. Check out www.friflaj.com (is someone could make it clickyfor me it would be appreciated)

Check out www.friflaj.com (is someone could make it clickyfor me it would be appreciated)

Clicky: http://www.friflaj.com

Also Denise, if you're down in Sebastian I think its FreeFly Team Alchemy that's down there. They are amazing freefliers and give some great coaching. Check out the freefly tunnel camps too or just 1 on 1 tunnel coaching.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

If you just want to test the waters at new dz's, but still aren't sure about going to big boogies, why don't you take advantage of living in FL and make some road trips to all the dz's here? Off the top of my head, you got Deland, Jacksonville, Pahokee, Titusville, Z-hills, Lake Wales and Palm Beach Extreme. Those oughta keep you busy for awhile, and I'm sure you'd find some new and different people to jump with and have fun experiencing the different vibes at each dz. Let me know if you plan on going to Deland at anytime, and if I can, I'll jump with you. B|

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skymama...did you not say you were going to be in Z-hills this weekend (for some naked thingy...heehee)? I was planning to head there Friday afternoon and play all day Saturday with a new pal from San Diego and a nice lady I met in Sebass this weekend (Libby - great flier). My roomie is a bit freaked about where I'll rest my head between the days but I think all the skydiving people I've met so far can be trusted so if I am offered an AC'd place to crash, even on a floor - I might jump...literally. I'd love to jump with ya......I appreciate jumping with anyone willing to jump and debrief....:$

Skymama...did you not say you were going to be in Z-hills this weekend

Yes, I'm going to be there, but Chopchop has changed our plans. We're not going to be there jumping until Monday now. :S

Ahhh pooh! It seems everything is changing - even the darn weather. Maybe I'll switch my plans around and come Sunday and Monday instead....now I have to shuffle family stuff but family kinda takes a little bit of a back burner these days...sshhhh - don't tell! Well either way - hope to meet up and make jumps with ya some time. I'm sure you'll see my name around DZ.com until then...

So this is in Indiana? I am so confused because I see lots of stuff about Ohio and Wayne County. If I make plans, sure want to be at the right place ANNNNNDDDD I am noting your code name and will search you down to make a jump with me...lol By the end of August I should definitely be up over 100...yee-haa! Log book is registering 82 as of today....and the LONG weekend has yet to arrive.

Off the top of my head, you got Deland, Jacksonville, Pahokee, Titusville, Z-hills, Lake Wales and Palm Beach Extreme.

Palm Beach Extreme is at Pahokee. Clewiston is 20 minutes past Pahokee.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

it is skydive wayne county in richmond indiana. right on the indiana ohio border (sometimes we even have people land in ohio on a bad spot/windy day:)
Ill definately jump with ya.. just ask for yoshi...thats what I go by...
-yoshi

Palm Beach Extreme is at Pahokee

Duh, big brain fart there, I meant to write Palatka.

I will for sure get video on the 100th, just hope I can gather a few good folks to make it a memorable jump for me......guessing I'll be in Sebastian for it so if anyone is in the area and wants to play with a new "sit flyer" - sure would love it.