rmcvey

Tracking reeeal fast?

We're having a tracking comp next weekend.

I want to win.

How do i go about this in a "blow-everyone-out-of-the-water" kind of way??:S

I consider myself average at tracking but want some tips.

PS. No booties or track pantz allowed.

PSS ive done a search but want more info!!

darn, no booties...

you could get really skinny and tall by next weekend, but by the looks of your avatar, i'm not sure you should enter the comp. jk.

how do you track now? do you roll your shoulders and cup the air, or do you just put your arms back and straighten your legs?...

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I learned a new trick today for tracking, told to me by our very own, Ramon. He said if, while tracking, if you turn your hands down (palms up), while you have your hands at your sides, that you'll cup more air, due to the rolling of your shoulders. He's right, try that, I'm a pretty good tracker, but with that simple change, I've become a better tracker/flater tracker/faster tracker. I tested that today on a tracking dive today and subsequent jumps, the difference is VERY noticable.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ask Peter Frampton. Apparently in addition to having the world's 17th best selling double album, I hear he is a pretty fast tracking sonofabitch... ;)

I have no idea what your talking about....honest :$

Usually i track with shoulders up and rolled forward, like i have no neck, hands faced down.

Legs sligthly apart, pointy toes, and slightly de-arching.

Im quite a lightweight, (140 lbs naked) and am curious to whether this is an advantage??

speed of the horizontal variety is what i require.

Probably for flat tracking (ie distance), but the title of your post suggested speed was more important. Is this a distance or speed competiton?

It is a "who can track best", ie cover the most horizontal distance in a given time.

But since a higher horizontal speed would surely equate to the amount of horizontal distance covered for a constant time, i would say its kinda both?

you obviously have no grasp of the laws of physics William, so heres the formula for tracking. :S

Anymore suggestions on better tracking?? Either to track faster or to cover more distance.....??;)

easyphysics.jpg

you obviously have no grasp of the laws of physics William, so heres the formula for tracking.

So, Peter, you are saying the person who tracks the fastest always tracks the furthest? What if someone tracked slower, but also had a slower vertical fall rate than the person tracking faster. This would then allow them more time to track, perhaps resulting in tracking further but not faster than the person tracking faster. Time is not a constant, exit altitude and pulling altitude *should* be the constants - how long it takes you to get to pulling altitude is up to you (or rather your body position).

OK, now I'm starting to bore myself - COME ON SUMMER!!!! :(

Will

So, Peter.

hhhhssshh, they dont know who i really am.;)

you are saying the person who tracks the fastest always tracks the furthest? What if someone tracked slower, but also had a slower vertical fall rate than the person tracking faster. This would then allow them more time to track, perhaps resulting in tracking further but not faster than the person tracking faster.

To fall slower you have to track faster. You track slower you fall faster. So i wanna go faster.

Time is not a constant.....,

Unless i can figure out a way of tracking close to the speed of light im pretty sure time will be a constant.:D:D

...exit altitude and pulling altitude *should* be the constants - how long it takes you to get to pulling altitude is up to you (or rather your body position).

Exit Alt is the same for both racers, and they must stop tracking at 4'500. Whoever has tracked furthest from the exit point wins.
There is no time limit on the race, or as you like to put it, "time is not constant":)

OK, now I'm starting to bore myself - COME ON SUMMER!!!! :(

your welcome to attend next weekend to prove your theory on time bending and gravity defying. (5 squid entry, winner takes all),

lots of collegiates there all weekend (no! im not one), alot of them female....late teens, early twenties, tight jumpsuits, leg grippers, free beer....

mmmm leg grippers.

eeek!

lots of collegiates there all weekend (no! im not one), alot of them female....late teens, early twenties, tight jumpsuits, leg grippers, free beer....

Free beer huh? Cool, count me in. Now where the fuck is BKPC??? Some dodgy northern place full of people with dodgy northern accents who buy dodgy double albums I'll bet... :D

Free beer huh? Cool, count me in. Now where the fuck is BKPC??? Some dodgy northern place full of people with dodgy northern accents who buy dodgy double albums I'll bet... :D

LOL double albums, yeah, only if there best selling guitar albums.

(when we're not inbreeding and walking our ferrets.

alledgedly)

*feels-a-southern-jesse-outburst-coming-......

.but-
must-...
restrain..

-oneself-*

aaaah, all gone.

Now, talk about tracking you big southern ponse. Or would you rather we talk about cock fighting and jellied eels in rhyming slang while we drink our 4 quid pints.??

:D

Or would you rather we talk about cock fighting and jellied eels in rhyming slang while we drink our 4 quid pints.??

4 quid?? That would be happy hour in London... ;)

Found the DZ website - bit far to drive, plus £16 for '10 000 is a bit steep for me (yes, yes, you can call my £4 pint a poof now...)

Actually there is a best rate of glide and a max forward speed. Both numbers can be totally different. Best glide might not be fastest speed, and being fast might not cover the most distance. There have been stories posted about base jumpers coving a lot of distance with medium delays and otheres taking longer delays and not coving as much distance even though both were open about the same altitude.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com