cheneyneel

Heard of Kurupee Freefly suits?

Anybody heard of Kurupee FF suits..
They are out of Brasil. I found their website out of Parachutist. Anyways they are very cheap.. I mean like $150 total with custom work..
I just have never heard or have seen one..
How well they are made and so forth is the question I am asking. They also give three week delivery times from order..
Their website is kind of vague.. ( Kurupee.com ) Do you think that I should take a chance because of how cheap they are are stick to the expensive reliable types.. FLight Suit, Tony..etc...

Do you think that I should take a chance because of how cheap they are are stick to the expensive reliable types.. FLight Suit, Tony..etc...

Search the forums, they are nice suits, delivery times are really good

--
Hook high, flare on time

A few people at my drop zone have purchased them, and they always have been sized wrong. I don't know how there follow up on customer service is.

I think you get what you pay for.
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

kurupee suit's are good suit's for the price , but they are still in the beginning stages . some of the fabric's they were using weren't holding up very long (that's fixed now) . the stitching , and sizing is pretty much right on (as far as i've seen) maybe whoevers suit diddn't fit right got measured wrong .

i have only seen a few of their suits. but all of them were way to baggy especially in the upper body, hips and even the waiste. in my opinion and this is only my opinion. i think they are going soley off of sizing charts and templates instead of any actual experience building jumpsuits. for somebody who is okay flying a jumpsuit off the shelf then these suits will probably be fine but anybody that needs custom tailoring may want to check out other brands.

levin
vSCR#17

A few people at my drop zone have purchased them, and they always have been sized wrong. I don't know how there follow up on customer service is.
-----------------------------------------------------------

As a manufacture I'll be really glad to take this critic from someone that have flown or wear a kurupee suit...

David if you know someone in your dropzone that is not happy with the size of his kurupee suit please help me contact him we will send him a new suit.

Warm blue skies.

Blas
[email protected]

msn
[email protected]

Yeah i have one. I have only put about 10-15 jumps on it and its just not working, im almost ready to sell it. I had to remove the velcro on the upper chest because the collar was to tight and the zipper was digging into my neck.
Another thing is that the legs are way to baggy. I dont have much experience but they fold over the velcro and im almost tripping over them.
Dont get me wrong, kurupee has great prices and as far as quality goes they rock
But mine just doesnt fit work a darn

Q. Why do birds sing?
A. Because they dont have to pack when they land

Did you measure for the suit yourself or did you have someone do it for you? Typically sizing issues happen with the measurments.

I bought a suit from Kurupee a few months ago. Quality was good and quick service. I still prefer flite-suit, but the Kurupee is great for the money

They are a unique looking suit because they handle a lot of custom orders. You can pretty much design whatever you want and order it from them. Not every suit manufacturer will do this without charging twice as much for the suit.

I've read mixed feelings from the posts. And I've known a few freeflyers who have purchased Kurupee suits. I have yet to hear anything more than a lose thread problem after several jumps. Never an "off-measurement" issue like the one on here; that sounds more like an ordering mistake. You just have to be careful when measuring a FULL-SUIT.

I have purchased about 7-jumpsuits since beginning skydiving. Only one suit was 100% to my liking - and it fell apart, at the knee, within 1 1/2 seasons.

The thing with suit companies is ... As long as you are descriptive with your requests, they will pretty much give you what you want. The reps at Kurupee say the same thing. If you speak with them on the phone, they are more willing to be creative and unique with your design unlike some other companies I have dealt with. This is good enough for me because I like to stand out a bit with my gear.

My team is purchasing our 2nd set of Kurupee's right now and we have nothing but good things to say about the look, quality, and customer service. When I get mine, I will post pics and give an update on how it coms out. B|

I already have some FF pants from them. They are great; perfect fit, design, build quality, the lot. I can't complain at all. To cut a long list of compliments short, my friends and I just ordered another 7 suits from them in one bulk order! We'll get them in about 3 weeks so I'll post a line up of us.

Re customer service - there's another thread on here where a guy got the wrong colous on his suit - they replaced it free straight away and even offered more sweateners he was too embarased to accept. IMO a jumpsuit company that goes to hell and back to correct mistakes and make thier customer super happy is better than a company that claims never to have mistakes... we all make mistakes.

(and the logo funny as hell)

All are from their range of designs. The only feature anyone asked for that isnt on the options list is my asking for my suit to be made with yellow overlocking stitch between red and black areas.

They happen to have the exact "flame" design I want to go with my rig, pants and helmet anyway. I can't speak for what everyone else ordered - but they've all gone for some cool designs. One of my friends has ordered a suit with a great big bolt of lightning down the side - he'll stand out as much as me in my flames.

i ordered a kurupee a year ago and it didn't fit right...the measurements i sent were spot on b/c i sent the same measurements to zute suit for my camera suit and it fits perfect. i contacted kurupee about the suit sizing right after i got it and there was no offer to make it right at that time, in fact i kind of got blown off. i put about 15 jumps on the suit and all the threading along the arms started to come undone....i had my rigger make alterations to the suit but still very rarely jump it....

moral of the story, you get what you pay for....

edit: b/c i have fat fingers and can't type

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

The monkey what kind of zipper did they use for yours. On mine they used a cheap plastic one that was broken on the bottom, and now when it gets to that part it get jammed:(

Q. Why do birds sing?

UPDATE i emailed kurupee the other day and they got back to me asap and said they are very concerned about the zipper problem and for me to send it back into them. I guess I have to pay for shippin again but im gettin my suit fixed :)

Q. Why do birds sing?

~ Levin says they Suck. LOL, ... its only typical Levin irritating me.

Levin will NOT EVER say any suit is ok unless it is FIREFLY. Why he says that Krup sucks- is only to piss me off, it works and he knows it. Always in public, that is his favorite. If that doesnt work, he then announces that I have on a DICKSUIT. >:( .. its all BIG fun. (Not)

About my DICKSUIT, the Kurupí legend reveals a dude with a big and seriously long Penis. The statue of the Kurupí shows his penis wraped around his waist - twice. The logo patch shows a guy in freefall with 'something' trailing behind.

I like my suit. I have had it a long time. It was a very early prototype, basically. One year, I suggested supporting the Chicks Rock boogie, they gave a suit.

The guys are the nicest manufacturers that I have ever had contact with. I have talked to Bev, Tony and some others, and Im just number, (it seemed).

The guys are skydivers, they are/were in college and decided to start a suit company in Paraguay from Florida. I bet that was not so easy. I got no idea on... easy or not, start & run, near or far. (but, I will have)

Ive heard about ill fitting Kurupee suits, for sure. There is not a suit company out there that doesnt mess up. Levins FIREFLY pants had to be sent back, recently. They made his main suit years ago and a beautiful suit by his design. His suit is surely well made, ...as of last Sun it went thru another unfortunate broken leg landing. :(

I am not dissing anyone, its just an observation over time -But, problems with suits, gear, or lovelife- you always hear about. Suits that work - not so much as that is expected and a non-event.

I am glad that there is an upbeat update regardless of the suit company. -tis still skydiving equipment, to me. ;) Lets get it right.

just my .01 cents.

~AirAnn~

the measurements i sent were spot on b/c i sent the same measurements to zute suit for my camera suit and it fits perfect

The measurements were spot on for a Zute Suit. But perhaps not for a Kurupee suit.

Always, always, always measure for any jumpsuit (or harness/container system for that matter) using the instructions from the manufacturer you are ordering from.

the measurements i sent were spot on b/c i sent the same measurements to zute suit for my camera suit and it fits perfect

The measurements were spot on for a Zute Suit. But perhaps not for a Kurupee suit.

Always, always, always measure for any jumpsuit (or harness/container system for that matter) using the instructions from the manufacturer you are ordering from.

Exactly!!! I ordered a Kurupee suit and absolutely love it!!! Fits like a dream and I have used it in the tunnel too!! Fantastic...I agree though, you have to be careful about the measurements! Some manufacturers have different methods for measuring and specify different areas of the body to be measured in a certain way. I thought it was all the same as well, then I started really researching and looking through the FAQs on suit sites and some differ, maybe just a little. Those minute details can make a big difference when you are wearing something like a jumpsuit or even a container.

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I know a guy who recieved his in the wrong color and they sent him a second one free of charge. i got the other one for $80. it is my first suit but i got lucky and it fits perfect. I have not heard or seen any bad quality work as of yet. mine has about 15 jumps on it and i am still landing on my ass on some jumps. it is holding up great and I am happy.
Blue skies,
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733