AggieDave

Atmosphere Dolphins

Just learn to do everything else first. It's going to take a while but you have to learn relativity (Both vertical and horizontal), speed control, turns, carving, driving (forward, back, side slide), perfect transitions and solid solid solid docking skills. That's not even a thought in my mind for at least another 100-200 jumps. I think I might have a chance at possesing those skills by then. When you think you can do it just find yourself a BM and get him to jump with you for practice. Easy as that....;) As one of the guys said....it's only a matter of time and money....
"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

it's only a matter of time and money....

You're so damn right... money makes the talent. 2 of my pals started the same time 4 years ago, one has around 700 jumps now, the other made his 2000th last year. No comment ;-)))
Blues Marcus
--
Perfect speed, my son, is being there. - Jonathan Livingston Seagull

But the real question is would DZs honor a AD A instead of a USPA A?

I don't think so - AD A only applies to aerial skills, not SIM knowledge, landing, gear awareness, etc.
Of course, it can be argued that for someone to get to the point of an AD license they'd have to know that stuff - but it would have no legal standing.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

I lived in South Florida for a year and I never went to Skydive America. I went up to Naples, Lake Wales and Z Hills because people I knew recommended it more than SA. However, I have seen a lot of videos from the dz and I will admit that they definetly are very good their discipline. I have been to 7 very good dz's and they are the best Freeflyers I have seen. Being a RW guy for "all of my 102 jumps" this is not saying much, however, Olav knows the "how to's". If you can follow a Space Ball straight down in either discipline and have taught others how to do it I would say you can teach and Skydiver.
My thoughts,
Nathan

The AD challenge is there if you want it....its like the final test to show that you can control your body ...the ball dosnt cork/backslide or carve...
Ive done some jumps with a member of the clowns ....it was a real laugh....with lots of stuff learned..i found the ball easier to work with than i imagined...
to sum it all up its a good learning tool....
flipper

Ok, Here are some things you can start working on that will help with your AD. I used these in preperation for my test.
First, use a partner who is rock solid and can fly a straight column of air all the way down on his/her head. Use them as the base. Or you can do these on your own and practice them on solos before you try them with somebody else. Just stick your arm out there like you are going to dock and you will feel the reaction.
1.Fly relative on head level with your partner. There must be no carving or heading changes. You should be able to do this all the way until breakoff.
2.Dock with your partner. You should fly this hand dock for a least 5+ seconds. Once you learn to fly the dock learn to bring the other hand in for a a double hand dock(this is tricky.)
3. Do 360 turns, cartwheels, front/backflips relative to your partner. you should be able to do each of these manouvers.
These are the basic skills for the test.
Goat aka Dereck aka SuperFreak
AD A#292

Money DOES NOT make the talent. I know 2 more people in the exact same situation. 4 years in the sport, one has 700+ the other has 2000+. The one with 700+ jumps stayed at the same progression rate as the one with 2000 jumps in the same time period.
Progression lies with the individual and his talents not soley on the # of jumps or money for coaching.
I've seen people dump money into coaching in all disciplines and they still suck.
Goat aka Dereck aka SuperFreak
AD A#292

Goat,
you are so right, but you got me totally wrong. What I meant is - imagine, the one with 700 jumps would have had the money to do 2000 jumps also in the same time. Now imagine with her/his talent bringing it into much more jumps - what jumper would s/he be now?
Hope I'm not misunderstood now ;-)
Blues Marcus
--
Perfect speed, my son, is being there. - Jonathan Livingston Seagull