Maxx

GoPro Hero4

Let's spin the rumor mill! ;)

Does anyone know or have a an official statement when the new GoPro Hero4 will be announced? Can we expect a statement from CEO Nick Woodman during NAB, or is that too early?

The GoPro Hero3 has been out since late 2012 and although there was a little update with the Hero3+ in October 2013 nothing big has changed since then. I know they are working on it since a while, possible switching to a Samsung Chip.

I think they will time the release of the new Hero4 with the IPO, but this is just my guess. But as the IPO is confidential as well we don't know a date for it, either..

Exciting times for GoPro - and us!

Any update from the rumor mill.

I need to buy a new handicam setup.

Glove, 2 camera mount, two new GoPro's.

Probably have to pull the trigger no matter what, but I would hate to buy two new 3+'s the day before the 4 releases and miss out on the price drop.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Yeah I think those rumors date back to a 2013 article that has been reposted and kept alive.

I think it will be like a sacrificial beer. Crack a beer and the skies will part and the winds will fall.

The second I drop this 1k on two 3+ black cameras, and a glove at retail, the 4 will be released, and the retail price on the 3+'s will drop 100 bucks.

Oh well. :|

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I am also in a similar situation. I am using the GoPro Hero2 and would like to either go with the Hero3+ black edition or wait and go with a GoPro4 or what ever they decide to call this one. I also need a new iPhone maybe GoPro and Apple should release both of their new gadgets soon!

Anyone shoot with a Hero2 and recently made an upgrade to their newest flagship?

Thanks

If you like the GoPro form factor, you'll absolutely love and appreciate the upgrade from the Hero 2 to the Hero 3+black.

Worth the cost? depends on what you're doing. The Hero 2 has very good video for what it is, and at cost...it's unbelievable.