adamT

Automating DVD burn after vegas finishes render

I am trying to figure out away to automate the burning of a dvd after vegas has finished rendering the mpg file. I would like to not have to come back and manual add the files to dvd architect and start the burn. I just want to walk away once i start the render and come back to a burnt dvd, any ideas?

I've been bugging Douglas Spotted_Eagle, 'DSE' the moderator of this forum, with a few Vegas problems/questions for last few weeks, but this is the exact main question I had for him.
There was no solution until TODAY!
He notified be this morning (4/13/10) that Sony has release the Vegas Pro 9.0C version that burns the DVD directly from Vegas!
I just tested it and it works!
Just go tools/burn disk/DVD and walk away. Buy the time you pack, voila! DVD is ready!
Thank you DSE for all your help. And Thank you Sony for making a perfect NLE package for skydiving!

(edit to add)
Oh.. Vegas already had this feature for Blue-Ray burning.

4DBill

Do you know if the 64 bit version issues are straight yet? I'm ready to upgrade, but not until they are! DSE told me to hold off on 9.0A, and I've just not gotten back to it yet.

It is on 9.0d now and I don't have any problems with the program...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Do you know if the 64 bit version issues are straight yet? I'm ready to upgrade, but not until they are! DSE told me to hold off on 9.0A, and I've just not gotten back to it yet.

Are you running the 32bit or 64bit version? 64 I'm going to assume based on your responding to me. :$

Are you running the 32bit or 64bit version? 64 I'm going to assume based on your responding to me. :$
I have both 32 and 64bit versions installed (as the ciniscore plugin will only run in the 32 bit version) so the answer is yes... however generally when I'm rendering videos I use the 64bit version...

and I don't have any major problems...

I have both 32 and 64bit versions installed (as the ciniscore plugin will only run in the 32 bit version) so the answer is yes... however generally when I'm rendering videos I use the 64bit version...

and I don't have any major problems...

What is the rendering time different between the 32 and 64bit version? Thanks.

4DBill

rendering time differences vary wildly by machine config, but generally, you'll see 64bit twice as fast as 32 bit.
32 bit support is rapidly coming to a close...Adobe will no longer build 32bit as of last monday.

Is this feature available with Movie Studio Platinum or just pro?

The 64 bit version is only available in Sony Vegas Pro and is not available in the Movie Studio.

The only time I use the 32 bit version is when I want to use the Ciniscore Plugin as it can't be used while in the 64 bit version (or at least this was the case the last time I used it...)

rendering time differences vary wildly by machine config, but generally, you'll see 64bit twice as fast as 32 bit.
32 bit support is rapidly coming to a close...Adobe will no longer build 32bit as of last monday.

Playing with the 32 bit non-pro to render a 4 minute clip on a very fast laptop the other day took right at 5 minutes for an MP4 clip. The same clip in Vegas 8Pro 64 bit took me 1 minute and 13 seconds. If 9.0D has the bugs worked out, I'm ready to shell out the $$ and buy the upgrade. :)

DL'd 9.0D and it is awesome!! love not needing to go through Architect! Render and burn with 1 click RULES! :)
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Sony Vegas Pro looks like great software that will do alot, but is it work the 500.00 if all I am really doing with it is editing tandem videos??

I'm asking, because if it will make editing tandems videos eaiser and significantly faster than sony vegas studo I'll look in to it more. 500.00 is just a lot of money for me right now

Automated through the use of scripts... Basically, in a nut shell, you insert your card from your CX100 and in under 10 mins a DVD pops out of the drive for you to hand to your customer...

You have to have all the scripts in place and your system set up for this to work.

Movie Studio doesn't support scripts so everything has to be manually edited. Movie Studio and Vegas are about the same speed if you manually edit. If you're going to use a scripted workflow you MUST use Vegas.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I've been bugging Douglas Spotted_Eagle, 'DSE' the moderator of this forum, with a few Vegas problems/questions for last few weeks, but this is the exact main question I had for him.
There was no solution until TODAY!
He notified be this morning (4/13/10) that Sony has release the Vegas Pro 9.0C version that burns the DVD directly from Vegas!
I just tested it and it works!
Just go tools/burn disk/DVD and walk away. Buy the time you pack, voila! DVD is ready!
Thank you DSE for all your help. And Thank you Sony for making a perfect NLE package for skydiving!

(edit to add)
Oh.. Vegas already had this feature for Blue-Ray burning.

4DBill

So, Ive been pounding my head trying to get a full screen 16x9 dvd from cx100 hd footage. I used this DVD direct in Vegas 9.0e and it came out in 4x3. Help please. What do I need to do?
My project settings are 1920x1080 60i.
The Captain Makes It Happen....

Automated through the use of scripts... Basically, in a nut shell, you insert your card from your CX100 and in under 10 mins a DVD pops out of the drive for you to hand to your customer...

You have to have all the scripts in place and your system set up for this to work.

Movie Studio doesn't support scripts so everything has to be manually edited. Movie Studio and Vegas are about the same speed if you manually edit. If you're going to use a scripted workflow you MUST use Vegas.

Do I have to buy the scripting stuff from somewhere, or is it freely available?
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

if you're wanting to render to a 1920 x 1080 image, you must render to that.
In the FILE | RENDER AS | dialog, select the Blu-ray template instead of the NTSC DVD template.
If you're using Production Assistant, you'll do the same thing.