guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

how much will you give me to be the first to freefly with it? I'm the first to wingsuit with it, Cookie will be the first to have a box for it, if it warms up enough, I'll catch the first tandem with it too. B|
it's a BRICK.
You'll love it.
See you at PIA...

DSE....You have a TonFly helme!? Have you heard if they will he making a box for it? Im guessin you have the CC1? Mine should be here in a week or so B|

Looking to see how I can attach it to the CC1 with zkulls! Im guessing the only way is if they start making a box

The only thing consistent about Sony is their inconsistency, or consistent lack of consistency.
this morning I was speaking with a Sony rep about the model numbers and he told me that Sony had gone to the 3 digit model numbers to get the camera out of other single digit product confusion.
Hmmm...
Really?
"You sure it's not because the new Panasonic AVCHD camera is the HS100?
I'm clueless as to who came first, Sony or Panny, but I was aware of the Sony model number for at least 60 days before Panny quietly leaked theirs. I have no idea what was going on inside Panny in that same time frame.

Really?
"You sure it's not because the new Panasonic AVCHD camera is the HS100?
I'm clueless as to who came first, Sony or Panny, but I was aware of the Sony model number for at least 60 days before Panny quietly leaked theirs. I have no idea what was going on inside Panny in that same time frame.

Its like animated movies..
Three animated movies about Ants/bugs-life at the same time..
Then sharktale/nemo fish movies
etc.

Orginality isnt a big thing in any industry;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

i noticed (on the spec sheet) under Still Image Recording that the last thing mentioned is Still Recording during Movie (Dual Rec): YES (2.3M, unlimited).

does this mean that you can take an unlimited (until you fill up the memory) number of 2.3 M stills while recording video? will a bite/tongue switch through the hype-eye controller work with it?
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

After reading many of the reviews on this camera and such, that is my understanding, however the limit is in the speed it will do it. If I'm not mistaken, it will take an unlimited amount but at a speed that will only allow perhaps 3-4 shots during the freefall portion of a skydive.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

If it's anything like the HC5, then it will be pretty slow. The HC5 works with the Hypeye but with the problems people have mentioned (i.e. it's really slow.) The HC5 is also limited to very few still shots and has all the usual problems of trying to shoot stills through a video camera lens.