guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

Thats pretty sweet..

Eyeballing a lot of wingsuit footage from the CX11/CX12, I could still see some subtle wobling in the image on high speed flying.
And for the freefly stuff its the known shaking problems.

Think Im ordering this one the moment its available..B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The 8GB internal memory is also cool.
Should you ever forget your memory-stick, you're not immidiately f*cked;)

Quite funny how they make a set of camera's, and the 'cheapened' version of their new range is close to what we'd want.

Anybody know if you can also shoot with the viewfinder(screen only!) closed?
Its not too big a hassle to have it rotated in the D-box, but preferably Id have it closed in normal fashion...

And hoping a hype-eye or some form of camera control will work on this one as well...maybe DSE has some more skinny on this one?

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Looks pretty snazy. The US model is the CX100 MSRP $599. Cool thing is it's smaller than the PC1000. Check it:

CX100: 2 1/4 x 2 3/8 x 4 1/2 inch
(55 x 60 x 114mm)
PC1000: 2.1 X 4 X 4.6

And unless Sony did something funky, it has the:
Audio/Video Remote Terminal[ : Video / S Video / Audio / Component Out / Remote

Speaking of which, almost seems like its missing a infrared remote control, maybe I'm misreading the specs.

I'm actually kinda interested in the Webbie HD for mounting on struts, feet, bedroom posts, everywhere. Hell for $199 and av/r control; probably not made by Sony but seems pretty much a disposible camera.

And yes, something is wrong with me, I'm @ home looking at cameras on a Friday night... Geez..
HYPOXIC

I'm actually kinda interested in the Webbie HD for mounting on struts, feet, bedroom posts, everywhere. Hell for $199 and av/r control; probably not made by Sony but seems pretty much a disposible camera.

DSE is going to slap me for this but: the webbie records in MP4 HD, what is that uncompressed AVCHD? Don't laugh now.

I want a replacement for my CX7 so probably will have one before april. Wonder if its the same sensor as the MV1. Too bad cameras never come out when I need one. Off to fry's, I need a new one for my BH visit :). Probably would be bad to go in there with a hacked CX7. :S

HYPOXIC

No 'inputs'. Only 'outputs'. Per the spec sheet you linked to.

So...good luck sharing straight across from camera to camera...

And yeah...[:/]...1394 is officially dead. [:/]

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Camera to Camera is dead with Solid State anyways. It is FAR more effectient to just move files around on the PC then it is to copy at real speed from camera to Camera. Imagine being able to dump an RW dive in 8 seconds or an entire weekend worth of team jumps in 3 minutes... Solid state is the only way to go for speed.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Camera to Camera is dead with Solid State anyways. It is FAR more effectient to just move files around on the PC then it is to copy at real speed from camera to Camera.

'tis true. Guess every cameraflyer -must- carry around a computer with them now. I've done that for years, but that was for just another way of medium play. Now it's a completely necessary step. Ah, the way of progress...

ltdiver

Nah, I'm going to get something like this (much cheaper version though): http://www.adorama.com/MEKU120BL.html Direct card dumps to a portable hard drive for later transferring to a computer. It won't play back the AVCHD movies but it will let you copy all of them off the memory stick to the device for storage.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

but wait, maybe in the near future this kind of devices gonna play avchd footage. When all the cameras goes card based, this gonna make lot of sense. Will be the same that happened with digital photography, people needs to storage they pics during a trip, and now you can even use hd storage devices with raw formats.
Imagine, you just dump the footage on it, you have an instant backup, and then the team can debrief from there, dont need a dvd/tv, your helmet, nothing, cool...

I don't think this cam gonna have problems with turbulence, will work fine like the TG1-3, the problem was just the "top of the line" optical un-stabilizer...>:(

The only thing missing is the remote, that screen is gonna be a mess...

Arg, I've just made my mind up to go with the CX12. Haven't ordered the cam yet but Hypeye Pro, extra battery, etc .. now this thing appears!

Does it really have the AV half-moon connector as stated above, respectively support for the Hypeye Pro?

Hmm, the EIS is really tempting, but since I will use the cam for shooting snowboarding and other sports stuff as well sometime (where I think OIS would be better), it's quite a two-faced issue for me anyways.

I also have my doubts about the sensor. Although EXMOR sounds nice, it's pretty tiny (1/5" compared to 1/3" of the CX12), isn't it? The stills resolution (especially in dual record mode) is considerably lower as well. I was planning on using the mouth switch feature of the Hypeye Pro to take stills with the CX12. Yeah, I know, a dedicated DSLR is better, and no, I'm not selling them as tandem pics B|

I see your point. I don't want to start the discussion again, but as far as I remember the appropriate posts here it was primarly freeflying that resulted in shaky video though, wasn't it?

Although I'm still gonna use it primarily for skydiving it will mostly be wingsuiting, filming students and base jumping, so I reckon it should be fine. Or did I entirely misinterpret the findings of people who are using it?

I'm no professional but I wouldn't want base footage to be shaky either ... I'll already have enough trembling in my joints to cope with B|

And yeah...Unsure...1394 is officially dead.

Think of it this way, no more having to deal with "Can I get a Dub?" and then dirty looks when you say "5 Dollars".:P:D

Now -that's- a more positive way to look at it. ;)

ltdiver

With regards to CX6/11/12 etc. Thought the effect is more subtle, the shake is also present in wingsuit/basejump footage.

Im looking at stuff shot with several cameras with OIS from the CX range by james/robert (PF) and all the footage looks great. But when you watch the footage closely, you do notice a subtle wobble during the flying.

In freeflying the effect is really pronounced. In flatfalling stuff the effect is less visable, but still definately there..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The battery and AV connector are the same.

Judging by these pictures I'm not 100% convinced yet that the Hypeye AV connector sits on the shoulder where it reads A/V (http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/camcorders/sony-hdr-cx100/?n=3) or somewhere inside/behind the display (http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/camcorders/sony-hdr-cx100/?n=2), which would very much suck for the Hypeye.

It should be right under the DC in that is on the outside.

That appears to be correct... allthough this only shows the cover... it does say "A/V R" right below the "DC In" and there seems to be enough room for both.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-HDR-CX100-Photo-Gallery&pic=1.htm
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

wondering when DSE is going to give his opinion on this camera............ ???
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"