RyanOBrian

what hole for a cameye II

Exactly.... (mil not millimeter/meter..)

Schumacher typically marks it and then cuts it with a dremel. He's got really really steady hands. Carbon fiber is very interesting stuff, keep it away from electronics, lens.... well pretty much everything oh and lungs and eyes...
HYPOXIC

I used the 5/8 bit on my helmet. It's a bit of a squeeze to get the button assembly through the hole, but since it's rubber, it's not too big a deal. Also, the assembly doesn't slop around in the hole that way, and leaves the little red button right at the surface of your helmet. Nothing to shear off that way, and with the little ridge around it that's poking through the helmet, it's easy to find even with gloves on.

I'd snap a pic for you, but I've no way to post it right now.

$0.02 deposited.

One on the attachments on the Dremmel was the perfect size. Only problem is I dont remember which one it was!!:$ Damn it sucks getting old.[:/]:(

LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

5/8" drill bits are expensive... I use a 5/8" countersink.

You can actually use any undersized drill bit you have on hand to drill a pilot hole and then ream the opening larger by twisting the tapered tail of a file slowly until the hole is the size you like.