everymansaved

Watermarking in PS

So I did a search and was unable to find what it was I was looking for so here goes... I can't figure out how to apply a watermark to photos in PhotoShop. I found a post (I believe it was by LouDiamond) saying that it's possible, as is doing batches of them, which is what I'm really interested in. Can someone give me some insight as to how to work my program? Thanks all!!
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

This is one of the reason I use ULED's Photo Impact instead. This software looks very similar to PS when you open it up. But certain features like placing pre-made texts, logos and etc. (this program calls them OBJECTS) is lot faster and easier than PS.
In the other hand this software is just as complex as PS, so requires some experince.
The price of it is extremly cheap, it's about $100 only!!!
Unfortunately so far it only runs on PC's.
Sorry, I didn't give you the exact answer to your PS question, but at least I hope I helped to create a lot faster work flow trying something different.

Lightroom does this on both Mac and PC as well. I've mostly quit using Pshop for lightweight image processing, and use Lightroom instead. Batch rotation of images (my cam is upside down on my helmet) batch watermark, batch color correction if I screwed the exposure...
anyway, there are many scripts out there that will watermark files in PS.

Lightroom does this on both Mac and PC as well. I've mostly quit using Pshop for lightweight image processing, and use Lightroom instead. Batch rotation of images (my cam is upside down on my helmet) batch watermark, batch color correction if I screwed the exposure...

My cam is upside down too. I use windows pic/fax viewer to rotate. is there an advantage to using Lightroom/PS?

As far as batch watermarking, I'll have to check into that,too.
My photos

My Videos

Try the following sites to see if this works for you.

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm

http://www.naturephotographermag.com/-fromTheField/rHobbs1.htm

Once you have your watermark/copyright you can set it up so that it can be applied to a folder of photos in a batch action. In PS do the following:

In photoshop 7, select the Action tab, Click on icon for create a new action.
Name it something like "Create copyright text".
Open a file you want add the text to.
Create a new text on the image.
Save the image to a new file.
Stop recording by clicking on the stop icon.

Now open the menu, File->Automate->batch.
Select the action "Create copyright text"
Select the source folder of your images
Select the "Override Action Open Commands" checkbox.
Select the output folder.
Select the "Override Action Save As Command" checkbox.

Select the "OK" button, and watch photoshop play with your images...
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I hear you. There are several different ways to skin the cat(to include in PS) but in the end the cat is still skinned. use which ever is more convenient to your work flow.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Weird that the Nature Photographer site tells you to make the text in Word, instead of directly in Photoshop.

HW

Notepad works just as well. the scripts we deliver on our Photoshop DVDs are just txt files that users convert. Xplatform, easy to read...

thanx, that worked awesome....for a bit. Now, for some reason, the photo's I'm watermarking show the text HUGE. It worked great for about 500 photo's and then changed. Very odd, I was using the same template for either vertical or horizontal format. Even tried restarting PS. Anyone?
my pics & stuff!

thanx, that worked awesome....for a bit. Now, for some reason, the photo's I'm watermarking show the text HUGE. It worked great for about 500 photo's and then changed. Very odd, I was using the same template for either vertical or horizontal format. Even tried restarting PS. Anyone?

Check the "DPI" setting on your images. If that changes, the relative text size can change too.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

My cam is upside down too. I use windows pic/fax viewer to rotate. is there an advantage to using Lightroom/PS?

As far as batch watermarking, I'll have to check into that,too.

I have not verified this, but I was taught/told that using windows picture/fax viewer permanently alters images to the constrictions of the viewer, or something along those lines. So if you tell it to rotate something 90 degrees, it does it permanently.... there is some sort of terrible repercussion that lead to someone telling me to never use it again.

I don't worry about it... I use Bridge for everything I do along the lines of mass rotating.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Every time you rotate a jpeg (in MSpaint/WMV, possibly at all) you loose a little bit of info. Doing it a few thousand times will deteriorate it to an unusable point. (I know, I tried it)

But turning it once or 50 times ain't going to do anything to hurt the image for our purposes.
My photos

My Videos

yuppers, thought of that already. They are all the same. What else is odd is that it may start off perfect and then as the batch goes, the text gets bigger. So big that only the middle of the text is showing up on the photo.

As for rotating them, it's all been done in either canon photo pro or rawshooter.
my pics & stuff!

Only if it's a compressed format that requires recompression on modification.
If you can see the diff on a high rez jpg from one rotation, I'd be stunned and demand proof.
If it's almost any other format, it makes no diff.
Rotate it 50 times, you *might* see some loss of sharpness.
Haven't tried this with stills, but have spend a lot of time with the MJPEG codecs out there. We abuse MJPEG frames a lot in the video world, much more than you'll ever likely do in Pshop or a photo viewer.
So yeah...there is truth in what you heard. But getting into ant shit never helped anyone much.

How about batching (automation) in PS?

I often use this to watermark, resize and compress hundreds of photographs at one time. Perhaps a simple tutorial on this could be advantageous for all of us?...
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye