DSE

Canon 40D

Cool! B|

And for those who read English, a little taste: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/digital-cameras/canon-eos-40d-details-leaked-101-megapixels-198489.php

and

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/digital-cameras/more-light-on-the-yet-unannounced-canon-d40-dslr-238614.php

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Sounds alot like a 30D with a larger sensor.....

And the 30D is basically a 20D with uprgaded firmware, larger LCD Screen, and Spot Metering....

Edit to add: In the Swedish article it also says they added 3 custom setting banks and weather sealed the body like the D200. Sounds like it will be more competitive with the Nikon at a lower price.

Action©Sports

If gizmodo is right its still a 1.6 crop. to be honest, its still not enough of an upgrade for me to bother wanting to trade in my 20D. If it was a full frame like the 5 i would be all over it.
Think i will wait for the 5d successor in this case.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

He he....no shit. The $7,000 price tag is a bit much though. I've been playing around with my D200 shooting in NEF/RAW at the track lately (normally I shoot jpg cuz I can take around 800 shots in a day and it's just too much work to process) and from what I've seen, there is just no way to justify spending that kind of money on a camera.

I mean, quality wise, the modern prosumer Canon and Nikon cameras are capable of such incredible image quality, it's just not worth spending that kind of serious additional cash. Most of what you're paying for is convenience....

I'd rather spend the money on glass instead ;)

Action©Sports

I can see it for hardcore sports shooters - the improved focus point count and autofocus would be worth kicking up the money for a 1DMk2, however.

I've got a decent selection of glass...wouldn't mind a bit more, though... 500mm prime, anyone? ;)

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I missed the mention of the crop - for myself, I'm drooling over the 1DMk3....

He he yeah me too, but i don't fancy the price tag or strapping it to my head ;). A touch heavy methinks.If i had the money for an air camera and a ground camera then yes without doubt!!!

I can see it for hardcore sports shooters - the improved focus point count and autofocus would be worth kicking up the money for a 1DMk2, however.

I've got a decent selection of glass...wouldn't mind a bit more, though... 500mm prime, anyone? ;)

500mm? I laugh at 500mm

How about one of these
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=154&modelid=8178

A bargain at $85,000

Yeah....hard core being the operative word there. I'm still impressed with the D200 at the track. Shooting a motorcycle coming towards me a 100+ it still shoots at 5fps and has time to focus in between. Sure, a few here and there come out blurry but it's surprisingly few.

There was a dude shooting with a Canon 500mm Prime on Sunday (the arrogant little shit told me "I don't shoot zoom lenses lol!) and my shots came out miles better than his. I was using my el cheapo $1,000 combo Nikkor 2.8 80-200 with a 2x extender. Somehow I don't believe it was because of the lens though :D

Action©Sports

Great websight

Found this gizmo http://www.biolifetechnologies.com/

less expensive than the camera and a daily userB|