andyr

Wings container questions

Just got my new Wings and as I'm the first (beer!) at the DZ with this containers, I need help with a couple of things;
The gromet for the bottom flap on the main packing tray does not line up with the other grommets, is that normal? And, has anyone a photo of the main deployment bag with all the lines stowed? My rigger has fitted all the rubber bands, but there seems to be many other places where they could be fitted.

Thanks for the help!

The grommets should NOT be lined up.

The d-bag can be setup for stows ontop of the bag or on the side of the bag, set it for one and leave the other rubber bands off.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The gromet for the bottom flap on the main packing tray does not line up with the other grommets

can you post a pic of it ?
i'm no rigger but i can at least compare it to mine.

is it normal for the rigger who is supposed to take care of your rig not to know things like that ?

oh, and good chooice with the wings, you'll love itB|

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I'm the first with a Wings on my DZ. The questions were more for interest than anything, The grommets didn't appear like they were EVER going to line up, and I was a little intrigued to find out why there were so many places available for the line stows.

Sorry, don't have a picture, but it appears everything is as it should be. I'm hoping the weather stays good today so I can jump it!

The d-bag can be setup for stows ontop of the bag or on the side of the bag***

I recommend using the top of the bag stows. They jostle the bag around less giving a better chance for a clean deployment without line twists.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

My first response to this was RTFM, so I did. THe manula available on the website doesn't mention anything about the grommets not lining up.

Maybe an email to Sunrise is in order, asking them to include this in their manual.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

[I recommend using the top of the bag stows. They jostle the bag around less giving a better chance for a clean deployment without line twists.[

Thats what I'd read about the WIngs d-bag, but I can't quite visualize the lines when they're stowed on the top of the bag. Any chance of a piccy or a crude diagram (of the d-bag!).

And yes masher, he, he, I did RTFM, but couldn't find any info.

Thanks to all for the help!

Nope.... No sleep here.... They pay me to stay up and play with computers all night. And I get to talk to people that do not always speak english very well.***

Thats amazing! They pay ME to play with computers all DAY and I sometimes get to talk to people who don't always speak english very well, er, as well. :P

Congrats on the wings, I love mine. ok to stow on the top of the bag. Dont have a pic but i'll describe it for you.

you have the 4 gramets that are your locking stows. My first 2 are large bands and then the rest are small.

We're going to number the graments on the front of the bag

let's see if this works

12[---11------10-----]9
8[----7--------6-----]5
[--4----3----2----1]

i take my first stow at 2 then 3 then 1 then 4. these are my locking stows. stows 2 and 3 are large bands and the rest are mini. after my locking stows i go from 4 to 6 then 7 to 10 then to 11. don't use the side ones, i can't remember if there is a nother row or not, but if there were then you'd just use the stows about 11 and 10. does this make sense?

blue skies, hope this helped

chris
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I own several Wings containers. Grommets don't need to match up. I also use the inner band loops AND stow the "D" bag straight up and down in the main pack tray (don't roll it to lines down at the bottom of the pack tray).

When it lifts off my back... straight off.

All of this information is for Wings containers! I don't know if some or any of this is recomended for any other type of container so be warned.

Okay, when I first bought my Wings and had it put together the rigger put the stow bands on the outside of the D-bag. I also used to place the D-bag traditional style with the stows to the bottom of the container. I just pulled the canopy out of the container and repacked it in the living room. While I was at it I moved the stows to the top of the bag. These are the difference I noted:

- Stows are tighter and stay that way due to shorter stows and less pull on them since they are not holding the bag shut.

- Seems like the bag will bounce around less when being deployed because the stows are closer to the center of the bag.

- A good amount of line left between last stow and links. Not too much not too little.

I also put the D-bag face down with the lines against the backpad instead of the BOC. These are the differences I noted:

- The container is a little thicker (Distance from backpad to closing pin). And is a little shorter (distance from top of rig to BOC). Depending on what your rig already looks like this could be good or bad.

- Sometimes with traditional method of D-bag placement the lines want to stick out the bottom while you are trying to close the flaps, placing D-bag with lines stows facing back pad prevents that since they are not around the BOC.

- Seems as if it's in a better position to lift off your back.

Keep in mind I have not yet tested this in the air. As was said prior both ways are in the Wings manual so I am not being a "test dummy". As soon as I do get in the air I will post any noted difference during deployment.

-Kenny

When did Wings start getting the line stows on the top of the d-bag?? I got my Wings like two years ago, and my d-bag just has the four locking stows, then the others are on the side like most other d-bags I've seen.

Austin

i'll have to check mine next time i pack,
mine is a little over a year old and as far as i remember its the same as yours (stows on the sides only)

O

I went and checked mine out yesterday, and it does actually have stows on the top, I just never noticed them. I may give them a try on Saturday and see if I like those better than the ones on the side.

Austin