bigdad510

Digital Still Camera Condoms?

I checked out thefirst one and I haven't seen anything newon thier website since 2002. I've emailed them several times with no reply. Has onyone bought anything recently from them?

The second, its an option, but seems really expesive to me. I just bought high grade neoprene to make my own for under $15.

Thanks for the post!
Brad

I bought a video and still camdom from competition helmets not too long ago, and I also had trouble getting in touch with them. You can try pming Bob.Dino on here...he helped a ton in getting in touch with them.

Good luck in making one...I tried that route first and it is hard! Make sure you have neoprene that is lined with nylon on both sides at least...that will make it a bit easier to sew.
Miami

I am not sure how you are mounting this to your helmet. I always look for snag hazards. I am not saying you have one, but the possiblity exists.
I photoshopped yor photo to reflect my thoughts.
Stay safe,
jimoke
The ground always, remembers where you are!

you are correct about a "possible" snag hazard. but in my box, it is still much better off than just stuck naked on top like i see the majority of people doing. furthermore, a still camera itself is a snag hazard in any configuration.

snags are definitely "possible", but they don't concern me much.

I have a camdom from competition helmets for my old 300d and am using it on my 350d. i believe the 400d is the same size as the 350d. it's not a snug fit but it does fit. you should persist with contacting them as their product is good. i will have a chat to their boss stitcher now and let them know about contact difficulties.

Rob
Don't let your perceived ability override your actual ability
www.vortextv.com.au

Hi,

I bought a camera condom for my Canon EOS 350D through a local company that make jumpsuits and other skydiving accessories here in New Zealand. And i love it. Mine cost me NZ$60 (so thats about US$40) They will ship anywhere in the world.

check there website for contact details. Although they dont list it on there website they do make them. Drop them a mail

http://www.deepseedskydiving.co.nz

Hope that helps

Later,
Brad

I am not sure how you are mounting this to your helmet. I always look for snag hazards. I am not saying you have one, but the possiblity exists.
I photoshopped yor photo to reflect my thoughts.
Stay safe,
jimoke

What still camera mount does not have snag points where you pointed out? Other than front mounting or completely centered on a large platform helmet.

Cheers,
Travis

What still camera mount does not have snag points where you pointed out? Other than front mounting or completely centered on a large platform helmet.

I agree using a stroboframe or a GM, does make a potential hazard.
I personally use a front mount. which still has potential snag points as well. but, I also use a lot of gaffers tape layered to eliminate as much as I can, lets face it no helmet is snag-proof, but some helmets i have seen look like they are an accident waiting to happen. my observation of his setup was not even on his helmet. just my 2 cents
Stay Safe
Jimoke
The ground always, remembers where you are!