steveorino

bite/tongue/blow switch for Canon 400D?

Over the years I have used and tried every type of switch I could find.

Then some guy with 10,000 jumps recommended the switch I have used for the last several years.

"The Blow Switch" lasted the longest and as been the most durable as well as reliable.

So I pass on the advice, the Blow Switch is durable and reliable.

-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Or you could just build your own for about $2.50. There isn't anything more than a "L" plug, microswitch, some wire, and heat shrink tubing. To seal it off, just heat it up and press it together with some pliers...
Gravity Research Institute

Just bought mine from para gear for 60 bucks.

Though there are many articles on making your own. The one para gear sell is a tounge switch, though uncomfortable tounge switch, i am using it as a gentle bite switch.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I know there are some intructions on the net how to make a switch of you own, but i can't find them... can anyone please point me in to the right direction?

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

though instead of buying a biteswitch with the wrong plug on it and then making it yourself, you could just buy a tounge switch with the right plug on it.

Problem I have had with the tongue/bite switches is they wear out or break too fast and too easily.

The guy that told me to change over to the blow switch had several thousand jumps on the same blow switch. Now I have over 1,200 on mine and it still works fine.

I already had enough plugs laying around from my bad luck with the other switches.

The experienced camera flyers at the DZ I work at use blows for the very same reason.

-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Try the "Pro Mouth Switch"
It has a Canon plug version (20D, 30D, D60 ect....),
and a stero plug version (Digital Rebel, XT, XTi...)
They available at www.TheRanchProShop.com and at other major gear dealerships.
No "rigging", just pull it out of the bag and use it!
-Laszlo-