PhreeZone

Favorite DVD Authoring program?

I've got to put together a quick DVD and at this point I'm looking for ideas on what Authoring package I sould go and get. Eventually I'll pick up Encore and learn it, but at this point I just do not have enough time to learn more Adobe software if its near as complicated as Premiere/Photoshop/After Effects are.

Any ideas on something to use to make a DVD with about 20 chapters? Would like menus for them too. Easier to use is the better on the timeline I've got.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I like Encore DVD by Adobe. It allows you to make a hybrid data/video - animate menus - essentially make your DVD look very professional. Just need to add some creativity.

Cons - pricey - transcoding is sometimes timeconsuming without a powerful computer.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Encore isn't that difficult really, I figured it out without any help/manual etc. However there may be programs out there that will be less work when you're doing a lot of chapters and you want to have a play-all and don't agree with the default buton routing etc. The World Team Thailand 2004 dvd cost me a lot of time because of stuff like that.
But, it works together quite nicely with photoshop if you want to make your own menu's.

Get the latest version and updates though, version 1.0/1.1 is way too buggy.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I've been using DVD-Lab Pro (http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/index.html) for the past year and it rocks. It lets you control every aspect of authoring imaginable. It has a lot more than you'd need to make a simple 20 chapter menu, but you wouldn't need to use all its features right away. I would really recommend trying out the demo of it online before rushing out to buy another piece of the Adobe lineup.

I demoed a lot of authoring suites before picking DVD-Lab, including SpruceUp, Ulead, Encore, Pinnacle, etc. If you want something quick and dirty, Spruce or Ulead Movie Factory would definitely do the trick. I don't think Encore is all its cracked up to be, but it all comes down to how folks use it and comfort level i suppose.