diverborg

finding a pc109, thats NOT GRAY MARKET

I need help. I've been trying to find any place that still has the pc109 or 105 in stock for a reasonable price. I've checked out dozens of websites (ie ibuydigital, digitalliquidators, buydig, etc) that have been reccommended to me by several people. These vendors are extremely decieving and will not admit that their product is gray market. After researching every site, it always leads to the same conclusion, GRAY MARKET.
Does anybody know of a reliable retailer that absolutely does not sell gray market equipment that still carries these products. Please let me know.

How's this? B&H PhotoVideo

$599.95 includes a 1-Year Sony USA warranty.

I've personally purchased 2 video cameras, 3 SLR film cameras, 1 Digital SLR, plus various lenses, slide film, batteries, other stuff and I've always been happy with their service.

Oh yeah, all the stuff I've purchased from them has come with the original USA Warranty Cards in the box.

Give them a buzz -
Z

Action©Sports

Gray market cameras won't come with a warranty, also licensed sony dealers may not even repair them. It's not really that the gray market camera itself is that bad, but I've had friends purchase from these guys and most of the gray market dealers are scam artists. Also they don't always have all the accessories and they won't tell you that, plus often the batteries are different and won't last but 20 minutes.

Thanks man. I was looking at their website, and I wasn't sure about them. I've read some mixed reviews, but if I was to try any store this would be the one. It helps to know you were able to find a regular camera here and have bought from them before. I'll be placing my order.

I have bought from ibuydigital and I don't think they are "grey market". I actually bought a PC109 from them last year. I got the camera 1 day after I ordered it. It has all it's accessories, and it has the normal Sony warranty.

That's the other site I was thinking of... just couldn't remember the name. I think they are the same thing as ibuydigital though, their web sites are pretty much identical, as well as their prices.

You will find the following message at the top of both web sites: Shop with Confidence! All products we carry are factory sealed, complete with all factory supplied accessories, and a full manufacturers USA warranty.

I think you would be safe with either of these companies. I've never heard of "grey market" before, but I am certain that's not an issue with these guys.

Sam

Thank you everybody for the info, that helps. I've heard others talk good about ibuydigital, I must of just read some bad posts on the internet. A lot of the forums I researched said they carried gray market. What really concerns me is their address in Brooklyn is that same as a couple other companies that I know are gray market operations. Maybe i'll give 'em a try, but it eems like this bhpotovideo has similar prices and a very good reputation after further research. I'll probably use them.

That's one of the reasons I stick with B&H - They have an actual store ( a rather huge one at that ). I know several people who have been there and they all say it's like Fry's Electronics for photo buffs.

I made a mistake and placed an order with some shit-hole in Brooklyn once but, I found out shortly thereafter that it had the same address as several other shady sites so I called and canceled. They wouldn't allow me to cancel so I called Mastercard and they canceled it for me.

B&H has both Gray Market and US Market stuff but, all of the Gray Market stuff is marked Imported right next to it - including film.

I've found other sites with slightly lower prices but I've been dealing with B&H for a good 5 years now and I think that the peace of mind is worth the extra $10.

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports

I saw a pc109 at best buy like last week. mabey because they are so big the will have some still left in stock.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

Yup, B&H's store is huge. They've got a really odd system where there are different counters, salespeople, and queues for each area. Your purchases get put into little carts that move around on an overhead track and get delivered to the central area where you pay for the whole lot.

Very strange, and more than slightly paranoid. Still, they're a large, well-established, reputable dealer.

Yesterday - at the Sony Store in Coquitlam, BC, Canada - the salesman offered me his last PC109 for CAN$949 (or $999 I forget which), the same price as an HC42 , full warranty, yada, yada.
If I needed a new camera, I would have dropped the dollars right then and there.
Unfortunately my old HC40 continues to soldier on ...

I just found a PC105 and a PC109 at wolf camera in raliegh at the crabtree mall brand new with all dealer warrenties and equipment the down side is they want 800 dollars for the 105 and 750 for the 109 I don't have the cash for it rite now maybe you can check them out
You must be fast cause you were flying when I past you