Derekbox

Dirt Cheap Camera Setup on Ebay - Check this winner out

Just my opinion but you would be much better off just slowly piecing together a setup that is much newer, better and ALOT lighter. Generally, I personally look at the idea of up grading and using some components later (such as my first setup was a Sidewinder and a PC105, now I have a flat top pro with the PC105 on it) but with that setup nothing could be used for anything other than a paper weight.

Kirk

cant go wrong

For starters, doing anything skydiving related based on price, you already have gone wrong.

I know the item desrpiption is a little light on the details, sooooo, that VCR looking thing is not a freebie for your edit suite, thats the thing you wear on your chest to put the tape in. No shit.

Take your $200 bucks and buy a helmet. Bonehead, or whatever. Jump the helmet,and save another $200 bucks. Buy a mini-DV camera from e-Bay, and attach it to the helemt. Proceed to learn video like it's 2005, not 1985.

Edit - I see you jump on Deland. Ask Norm Kent about that set-up, he started with one just like it.

When did sarcasm die?

I know better

Frankly Speaking though, I have jumped with Norman a few times, I think Id rather jump the belly mount than put on my head his helmet.

***I know this setup is older than I am, classic, - thats why I posted it, funny you know - "haha" - not an invite to tell me to save and buy a DCR101 or soemthing***

Dbo

Hey,

I jumped that, in 1985.;) Still have it. Made my own belly case for the battery operated Pansonic full size VHS deck, my own helmet mount for the separate camera, on a Protec.B| Bring back old memories. This gear looks nicer though!

Jumping the belly mount wasn't so bad. Not much weight on your head.

But I guess I'm two systems past that.:P
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE