2pac

Looking for a camera suit...

Hi,

I am trying to contact some suit manufacturers for some time now since I am looking for a new camera suit. I found two manufacturers very interesting, FIREFLY SUITS and MERLIN SUITS.
Does anyone have some experimence with camera suits from these manufacturers?

I contacted FIREFLY SUITS via email, fax and phone but didn´t get any answer or reply for 2 months now:(, are these guys still in buissenes?
Same for MERLIN suits, contacted them by email last week, but also no answer till now...

Can anyone perhaps suggest me some other suit manufacturer?

I am looking for a freefly style camera suit with sitwings.

Any suggestions welcome:)

2pac
www.slobodanpad.hr
www.skydiveadria.com

I love my Firefly camera suit. I've got probally 200+ jumps on it now. Its great. I sitfly with RW groups, I can float on most 4 way groups... and then its just a quick top change and I'm out freeflying like normal.

Call Sherry at 515-280-6691, her Customer service has always been top notice when ever I dealt with her.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

definitely call Sherry rather than e-mail her. She is in business and is finally catching up, but like Phee said her customer service is top notch. I've sold a lot of two piece camera suits, and then guys get a nornal freefly top that they can use to freefly, or do AFF, or tandem jumps

I've got about 800 jumps on one of my FliteSuit Camera suits, and still use it all the time. It's bulletproof. I've had the bootie botoms replaced once because I used to land with them on all the time......
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Phree, FIREFLY was/is also my first choice I tried to called them from Europe but all I got is the answering machine I also sent them a couple of emails and faxes, but till this moment nothing.

They somehow have the best price and offer just what I need, what kind of a cam suit do you have acctually?

Will send you a PM....

2pac
www.slobodanpad.hr
www.skydiveadria.com

What about Spec Suit?? Tupčina, did you think about that? His suits are in no way worse then anybody elses... so, if you need a contact, just say it...

AJD BOK!!

:P:)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

Hey Unutch,

Who said that his suits are wore or something, last time I talked with him he said that he is still not ready with the cam suits, but thanx for your sugesstion.

Ima kaj kod vas prek zime u MB?

2pac
www.slobodanpad.hr
www.skydiveadria.com

I have two Merlin suits, I'll never get another.4-6 weeks delivery turned into 12, with unanswered emails and phone calls.

The quality of the Merlin suits are half decent... Emphasis on "half". After a few hundred jumps stiching is coming out. I had to replace the velcro sandwich on my wings after less than 50 jumps.

Now I'm experimenting with Tony Suits, and am generally much happier.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I like everyting about the Tony Suits -except- the actual wings.

I'm a big guy and you'd think my measurements would kinda indicate that to them, yet the wings that they ship seem pitifully small (to my way of thinking). I think maybe they have one pattern for wings and just use that no matter what the size of the individual. I could be wrong, but that's sure what it feels like.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I had the same problem with firefly that you are having. I own firefly pants and love them so i wanted a camera jacket to go with them. No dice.:S I ended up ordering a flitesuit camera jacket with a "C" wing. I love it.B| I attached a pic of it in the air.:D

first pic by Jason Lemley
second pic by Perry Perkins

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I like everyting about the Tony Suits -except- the actual wings.

I'm a big guy and you'd think my measurements would kinda indicate that to them, yet the wings that they ship seem pitifully small (to my way of thinking). I think maybe they have one pattern for wings and just use that no matter what the size of the individual. I could be wrong, but that's sure what it feels like.

I had the same problem with them. I ordered a suit with LARGE wings. It arrived with NO wings. I sent it back and told them I wanted LARGE wings. They added a two-inch wide strip of fabric under the arm. That's when I switched to BevSuits.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That's when I switched to BevSuits.

I love my 2 Bev camerasuits and my 1 RW suit. All of them quality made and great for my flying need.

I had the wings on my first camerasuit remade (needed them larger, so sent them to a local jumpsuit repair guru). When I ordered my 2nd camearasuit from Bev I sent them the pattern for my custom wings. Bev bent over backwards to make just what I wanted. They turned out great!

Thanks Bev Hein! :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon