Cornholio

Standalone Mini-DV Player ?

I've seen one at my DZ, so I know they're out there, but I can't seem to find any with google that cost less than a couple hundred bucks. Anyone know where I could get one at a good price ?

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

The reason we use a stand-alone MiniDV tape player is to edit and play back from to save wear and tear on individual cameras. We also usually have an editor that we drop our tapes of for, so we can take our cameras back up on a jump immidiately. And, why use a camera for playback when you can just have a stand alone playback machine. Also, the playback machines are designed to take a lot of abuse, a lot of stop, rewind, pause, slow, etc. This is hard on the heads. The deck is just as expensive as a camera, but should last longer.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Hi I use a Sony GVD1000 Video Walkman
Player / Recorder, DV in/out, I download my video via firewire ,It work's great!!

The Cost is $1000.00 to $1200.00 for a new one
Check on ebay, thats where I got mine at

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=GVD1000

FYI - the DV walkman has the same video heads and gear as the DV cameras - more delicate, and less robust then the DV decks.

on top of longer lifetime, the DV decks are also faster when it comes to FF/RW and batch capturing.
Be Simple, Be Creative, Bee!
Sharon.

"Anyone know where I could get one at a good price ?"

As an alternative, look at a bust cam, many cams get all screwed up, eg my PC7 is no longer reliable due to a broken internal connector, but it works fine as a target deck. You occasionally see cams with missing lenses etc, maybe pick one up as an alternative.

I have a mini DV deck, its a D300, one without the LCD screen, and its great, it also acts as an analogue/DV convertor.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Aww crap! I just have a bunch of tapes that I didn't want to fumble through with my camera to find some shots. Oh well, guess I'll have to use the camera.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump