Clownburner

Wiley-X XL1 Goggles...

I used a pair until I left them hanging off the mirror of a rental car in Texas.

They work real well, give a good seal. When you take the strap off they make good sunglasses, too.

Square 2 in Eloy sells them, so does the gear store at Chicagoland Skydiving.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I was able to try on a pair today and I think they fall in the cheap sunglass category. Not saying they are cheap money wise but in construction. Frames seemed too flexable and they didn't sit on my face right at all, meaning the foam around the lens didn't seal up against my face like a normal goggle does. I've had closer fitting cheap sunglasses than these. I say save your money and buy a good pair of goggles be it a $5 pair that works for you or the $25 pair, you'll be better off in the long run IMHO
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I was able to try on a pair today and I think they fall in the cheap sunglass category. Not saying they are cheap money wise but in construction. Frames seemed too flexable and they didn't sit on my face right at all, meaning the foam around the lens didn't seal up against my face like a normal goggle does. I've had closer fitting cheap sunglasses than these. I say save your money and buy a good pair of goggles be it a $5 pair that works for you or the $25 pair, you'll be better off in the long run IMHO

Just because they didn't fit you properly, doesn't mean they won't fit anyone else properly. Nor, does it mean they're cheap.

I had mine for about a year before I lost them. They'd gone through hell and back and stood up well. The lenses were very scratch resitant, and the frame was very durable... would take a lot of abuse and would bend rather then break.

I plan on buying another pair.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Just because they didn't fit you properly, doesn't mean they won't fit anyone else properly.

I'm aware of that but if they don't form a seal like they are supposed to what's the purpose? I never said they wouldn't fit anybody else.

Nor, does it mean they're cheap

I said they were cheap in construction. Meaning for what you pay, one would expect a better built product. If you were happy with yours then power to you.

All of this is of course IMHO, like it or not.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING