skydivegirl

PC-105... Where the hell is it?????

I finally have the money to buy a PC-105 and camera helmet and now I can't find it anywhere. It's been discontinued and is being replaced with the PC-109 (which I've heard from a number of sources that this camera is not good to use for skydiving).

Does anybody know where I can still find a PC-105???? I would much appreciate it!! :)
Pink Mafia Sis #26

They're everywhere, I bought one last week and another jumper bought two last week (accidental winning of an E-bay auction). Another jumper at my DZ bought one two weeks ago as well.

Dbuys really took care of me, btw.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What gave you the idea that they are discontinuing it? It's still listed on the sony site, and they just came out with it last summer.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Kp_V8m-vNsnVqi_G8dvf-SC-Hugnwq-A1ng=?ProductSKU=DCRPC105&Dept=dcc&CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_MiniDVHandycamCamcorders

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

What gave you the idea that they are discontinuing it? It's still listed on the sony site, and they just came out with it last summer.

The PC105 came out June 03 and according to the people at Sony they discontinued producing the PC-105 and are now producing the PC-109. The guy I talked to says they like to 'update' the models every year.

However, there are some PC-105s still floating around but they're tricky to find. A lot of places haven't updated their websites. They say they have the 105.. you order it.. and then they contact you saying they actually don't have it because they're no longer available.

It's a pain in the ass.

See this thread about the 109. Apparently there's not a lot of info about it out there yet.
Pink Mafia Sis #26

Wow, that sucks. I must've gotten mine right when everywhere was selling out of them then. I called them to make sure that they actually had them in stock, because the first place I ordered from had them on back order and wasn't going to tell me about it. So I got mine in like 4 days after they told me that did have them.

Sounds like I really dodged a bullet by getting it when I did.

That really sucks though because 109 just doesn't seem to match up to the 105 as well, in my opinion.

So has Sony itself even stopped selling the 105 directly then?

Have you been able to find somewhere that still has some in stock?

If not, here's a few places I've found that claim that they still have them:

http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=sndcrpc105
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-D5s2KkYkF9O/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=158DCRP105
http://store.yahoo.com/wellsdigital/dcrpc105.html

Hope you have found or can find one. :)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Sony has stopped selling directly but say they can refer you to someone that still has them in stock.

I just ordered mine from Beach Camera yesterday (thank you Damon :P) and I think they still have a few more in stock.

YAY!!!! Now I'm just waiting on my helmet to get here!!! B|
Pink Mafia Sis #26

There is PLENTY of stock available for the Sony PC-105 and plenty of good deals out there on the web, for example, about $705 TOTAL (including shipping, tax etc.)

**Make sure to buy from a RELIABLE web source and even better a SONY authorized dealer.

1) One place to purchase is: 6th avenue.com
http://www.6ave.com/product.jsp?x=DCRPC105&zipz=11001

2) To get a good list of competitive prices and who sells it on the web, go to the following website:

http://www.zdnet.com/?tag=hdr

(this website is an excellent source for research on consumer electronics and prices/reviews)

Then click on: Reviews & Prices (on the top of the page)

Then click on camcorders

Then scroll down the page and click on SONY DCR-PC 105 (or do a serach for the camcorder)

**Toward the top of the page, click on "Where to Buy" highlighted in red and a list of many web suppliers will appear. Place in your zip code and you can SORT BY PRICE.

I suggest that you read the reviews and if the companies are reliable. You can also see that 6th avenue.com is listed here.

Good luck!!!

Blue Skies,

Did you get yours? (PC-05;)) Your post prompted me to bite the bullet and order one. Got tired of the youngsters at the DZ being better equiped than me. Mine came in Monday. Still trying to play with it. Time to build a mount.:S To cheap to buy those high priced hemlets.

Beach Camera doesn't list them on their web anymore.:o We just made it.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

NO FAIR!!! I don't have mine yet. It's in transit and according to FedEx should be here Thursday. I wanna play too damn it!!!!

I can't believe they're already out! Phew!!! I'm glad we got them when we did! B|

I ended up buying a RAWA helmet & I bet it won't be here until... hmmm... I'm gonna say 2 more weeks. I love new stuff! ;)
Pink Mafia Sis #26

HEHEHE
i GOT MINE LAST THURSDAY:D:D:D
they can do lots of stuff, there is plenty of neat tricks on them.

DON'T read the maual until after you have a little play;) then you get to go oooo ,,arrr check out this:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Make sure that if you ordered the RAWA, and you also want the Royal Diamond .3x 30mm wide angle lens, (you will need some wide angle lens for freeflying) that the RAWA cambox needs to be made especially for the Royal lens Diamond .3x 30mm - you will need to let RAWA know this so they can make the special cambox. Also, the Royal lens web site is: www.royal-lens.com and the price of the Diamond lens is $159.

If you are getting the less expensive wide angle lens, either Kenko .43 or Sony .45, then the "normal" camboxes (the cambox that originally comes with the Rawa helmet) will be fine. Again, talk to RAWA.

Just thought that I should let you know. Also see my posting under this FORUM, title: Sony-PC 105, What Lens is needed?

I just got myself a PC-105 too-- SO glad I got it when I did! I went with the 2kC helmet and should have it in 2 weeks max. SOOOOOoooooooooo ready for it to get here! As for my camera-- I got mine from digitalliquidators.com, and they were great, and very helpful on the phone.... :$