freeflir29

Stupid question on Video editing

OK....so I finally get my 4-6 Firewire cable. My video goes into Adobe 6.0 with NO problem. I have even figured out most of the buttons without a manual. One problem....I can't figure out how to import a music track. I have tried using Media Player to make a music folder. When I go in to get the file.....it's not there. I think it may be some sort of copy protection. I can play it off my desk top but it's NOT there when I go to get it with Adobe. So...what program do i need to use in order to get the music files into Premier?

do a search in the help files to find out if you have to use .wav files or if it will support mp3. If it doesnt support mp3 then it will not show that file as being there because it cant recognize it. Also, have you tried going to the actual folder through your computer to verify it is there or are you looking at the folder through adobe?

Have you tried to verify that the music file is there. Use the explore function that you get when you right click on the start menu button and navigate to the folder where it should be to physically verify it is there. If it is (or isnt) I would try pulling the song from the cd again to make sure something weird didnt happen when it was being written to the hard drive. Im pretty sure that you have to use .wav files though. I will have to get home to verify this and make sure we are talking about the same versions. But on mine I cant use mp3 files, I have to convert them.

Hope this helps

AHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! I was having a bit of software trouble but I finally got it ALL figured out. Well......sort of...I'm still "Mouse Fucking" Premiere since I have never used it before but I now have my first video clip with music overlayed!!! Thanks guys!

BTW...Yes WAV files work nicely in Premiere. I'm using Music Match to record and transfer file types!

Freeflir how did you get on with your music importing? I was about to open a new thread asking exactly the same question as you did back in Feb and did a quick search and came up with this thread. I was getting so p***ed off when I couldnt import music from CDs because the music wasnt recognised by Premiere.

The Premiere help files arent very helpful but they do mention third party software that is required to import music - I found it hard to believe that an expensive product like Premiere required additional software to carry out a basic task such as importing music. I would be interested to hear how you got on because the lack of music is holding up production of my CD of the 4-way nationals >:(

Use your wings Johnny....

I "aquired" Premiere v 6 LE from a non-skydiving source. I dont think any of my contacts have the Pro version unfortunately - I think most of the other camera dudes at my DZ are on Power Books. As I am going to the Far East on a work trip shortly I might see if I can pick one up there for something less than the UK 1400 pounds asking price.

Freeflir how did you get on with your music importing? I was about to open a new thread asking exactly the same question as you did back in Feb and did a quick search and came up with this thread. I was getting so p***ed off when I couldnt import music from CDs because the music wasnt recognised by Premiere.

The Premiere help files arent very helpful but they do mention third party software that is required to import music - I found it hard to believe that an expensive product like Premiere required additional software to carry out a basic task such as importing music. I would be interested to hear how you got on because the lack of music is holding up production of my CD of the 4-way nationals >:(

??? I have 6.5 and have had no trouble at all importing music.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

OK, I finally got the importing music thing figured out. I can play a CD in my laptop through Real Player and there is a format settings option which aloows you to save the tracks as .wav files. These wav files can then be imported into Premiere.

My next problem is making transparency work to superimpose my credits over a still. I am using the Video 2 channel just like it says in the Help file and have played with opacity but still no overlaid credits. Ho hum.

How did you create the title (title dekko?), and what transparency settings are you using,have you tried things like alpha matte?
Don't have prem on my work pooter so am working from my alzheimers afflicted memory.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

OK, I finally got the importing music thing figured out. I can play a CD in my laptop through Real Player and there is a format settings option which aloows you to save the tracks as .wav files. These wav files can then be imported into Premiere.

My next problem is making transparency work to superimpose my credits over a still. I am using the Video 2 channel just like it says in the Help file and have played with opacity but still no overlaid credits. Ho hum.

Have you rendered it? Just pulling the cursor along the time line will not show the proper transparency of the title.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.