clint

Looking for Tandem Photo to use in Skydive Moab's Brochure

SKydive Moab just opened and we are putting together our brochure and we are looking for a great digital photos of both tandem & AfF.

You will be given full credit for the picture!
Depending on the picture, I'll hook you up if I can! Were just starting so I dont' have much money.

Thanks,
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

You will be given full credit for the picture!

How 'bout some cash? Credit don't pay the rent.

Seriously, you're asking for a photo so that you can advertise and make money for your business. It's only fair to pay for the photos.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Maybe its just me, but wouldn't it be MUCH better to have a pic of those jumps over your actual DZ? I wouldn't want to look at a brochure of hotel and see pics from a different hotel in another part of the country with a completely different look. Sure, they both have beds to use, but they're different.

If you haven't had the chance to take pics of a tandem or an AFF jump, get one of your staff guys to go up as a "student" to get the pics.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Good point about the backround, but were looking for face shots. Backround doesn't matter with the computers we have now a days.

ALso we have not had the weather to get one of our staff people to go jump as a tandem student. We are waiting for some weather, and we are planning on doing such a jump. BUT we need high quality resoultion and we dont' have a camera here that can do that so I thought I'd ask this forum if anybody would like to have their picture published.
If I had a great shot, and someone wanted to use it, I would feel great!

I believe people should get paid also! If I had lots of money I would give it, but for right now.....I'm not there yet. Until then........

Very interested! Were trying to do it ASAP! GO FAST SPORTS is doing our brochures and it has to be the best quality. Since I dont know what 10D is but I know I need one and you have one, well.............
Very interested. We would be going to Mineral Bottom Caynon! HAve you been? It's 400-500' sheer cliffs, with 500' of talist, most beautiful place you can ever jump into.
Call us at 435 259 JUMP
Thanks,
Clint MacBeth

I have never heard of "future cam" till now, I bet some positive advertising would help your business out. It appears from the first offer that Clint is only prepared to advertise the contributor. Compensation comes in many forms besides cash.

I realize there are many out there that do not remember those who help them, but an opportunity to publish one's work with minimal effort might pay off in the long run. The again, announcing your prioirities as you have may also produce the image you are looking for.

whips n' chains n' hand-grenades with a little ugly on the side.

Dan --

Believe it or not, I'm not really worried about me. I have plenty of published photos and I occasionally give photos to my home dropzone because, well, I'm a sucker and I like them.

I'm really worried more that there is an overall trend in skydiving to not compensate camera flyers for their work (or compensate them well below market value).

I could go into this in depth if you'd like, but let's start up another thread if you really want to get into it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Paul,

I'd say go ahead and start that thread, I think it would be very informative to many skydivers out there!

agreed, as Ed and I are looking at replacing our burned 3 video cameras, 2 digital still cameras including my fairly new 10D :( and Swain Cam, the value of just the camera equipment is $11,692.05. I've only made about 25% of that back through selling photos and tandem videos. And now I'm looking at spending more to get back in the rotation. While I love giving my friends photos of themselves, schoolteaching and tandem videos don't put that 10D on my head.

visa does ;)

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Please start that new thread. Production companies and magazines are always "on a budget" and there seems to always be one sucker who gives away his video and/or stills for FREE.

If I had a dime for every time I heard the "we're on a budget" line......
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I would really appreciate that Q. I exchanged some birdman footage to the Travel Channel only on condition that I be credited as "Camera Flier" in the episode's credits.

I looked at that opportunity in the same light as an internship, as I learned a lot about their process, and I now have a broadcast credit. It will be the last time I give my footage away.

Paul.

I do agree with you and find the trend to exploit camera flyers, or skydiving professionals in general, to be an issue.

I like your idea of starting a thread, it could be very educatoinal and hopefully would start the reversal of the status quo. Might even plant the seeds for a skydiver's union.

My point was that compensation was offered, and although it was not cash, it could pay off a higher value in the long run and should not be instantly discounted as bad offer.

-Dan

whips n' chains n' hand-grenades with a little ugly on the side.

I remember a few threads on blinc, that big name companies wanted base footage for free. They have millions and they can't sent $1000 for a clip or 2.
They make so much off of it.

As for myself asking for some photos, I'm not saying, as Jason said, the 'we're on a budget' line......" I really don't have a budget. Starting a dz has taken every penny I have right now, soon it will be making money but for right now, I'm doing as best as I can with what I got.

Thanks for everyone who has called or emailed me, very nice photos and I appreciate it very much!
Clint MacBeth

Clint, I hope you didn't think I was writing about you? I'm targeting production companies and magazines as the real cheap bastards out there. A guy like you who's starting a DZ, and is one of our own, should not necessarily be included.

Since we're still talking about cheap-ass production companies, I got a call from the Extreme Sports Network (ESN) last week. Talk about cheap bastards. I sent them a 24 min BASE demo tape on request, and they had the balls to offer me $200 to repeatedly air the entire thing on their network. I'm still mad that I didn't tell the guy how much of a scumbag I thought he was.

-Never send demo tapes out without them being on ultra low quality VHS or watermarked.
-Watermark and slice your photos online to guard against theft. I've seen my best photos on the web stolen and used in newsletters and magazines overseas.
-Ask for their shipper # when sending demo tapes so they can pay the bill. Heck, sell them your demo tape if you can.
-Trust no one. I found some of my prized, never before aired BASE videos embedded into another "friends" BASE tapes that he was selling. He copied my footage one day while I was sick in the hospital.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only