mbs66

video editing software

I use Premiere 6.5 from Adobe and really like it. It takes a bit to learn but there are a lot of good Premiere "how to" books available and once you figure it out it's worth the time spent. It has all the basic features like transitions, video effects and audio effects and also has some higher end features such as compositing, keying and color correction that you won't find in most of the lower end software. Only downside is the price, but now that Premiere Pro has been released you may be able to pick up 6.5 for less. I think it used to run around $600 but sometimes you can find a video capture card in the $300 range that comes bundled with Premiere.

Skydive Radio

I am an AVID Xpress DV (3.5) user, which I have had good success with, although it is somewhat pricey (compared to some other packages). However, the newer versions (and AVID Xpress DV Pro) are XP (or Mac) only, so that probably doesn't help you much.

I use Xpress DV in conjunction with Boris Continium and Boris Red 3GL for efffects, titling, and such.

I used to use Ulead Media Studio Pro, which was a fairly good program, except the slo-mo features pretty much stunk. Newer versions may have gotten better. AVID does terrific slo-mo.

j

[TheMonkey] that combo worked well for the xmas video! NOT!

[jmfreefly] Okok, I lost a Boris project for some reason, and Boris needs to get their act together.

[psw097] As long as you don't use the dreaded 12bit audio or want it to render it works fine.

You guys are cracking me up (because i do have a sense of humor contrary to popular beliefs).

I know three people at my DZ who were using premier to edit there yearend video pieces this year lose there projects and they all had to start over?.
--------------------

I like Pinnacle version 8. I used to use Premier 6.5 but Pinnacle to me is much easier to use

Ditto, except for the part about Premier. BTW, Pinnacle just came out with Version 9. I guess it is one better. One thing they advertise is more transitions between scenes.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Strange - I just did two year enders - both 30 min+ and didn't lose any of my projects.

Maybe you have better equiptment or your just smarter than these people (most likely answer) or have a better ideal what your doing. i certainly don't know but i thought it was strange.

I to use studio 8 for my freefall videos. I finished a wedding video for my step-son about a month ago that turned out real good. I used the video track lock and inserted some stills of when they were younger and let the audio play in the back ground. B| It's good software that doesn't take very long to learn.