ERICCONNELLY

Protrack batteries

not on the pro track because if you use the viewing screen to see anything about the dive it uses more batt.... on my dytter it said low batt last year and I put about 50 jumps on it since and it still works...
I wouldnt really rely on it ever especially if its batt is low..
-yoshi

It was about a 20 jumps for me on the first set of batteries, and about 3 jumps on the second set of batteries. If you're getting the low battery beeps, just replace them, they're not that expensive and it keeps the hassel of not having a jump logged.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

We get a lot of complaints about short battery life too. Remember everyone, take the old batteries out and wait at least 2 minutes before inserting the new. Only thing you lose is the date and time which is easily reset.

Blues,

Blue skies,

Jim

I've also heard that you can considerably lengthen battery life if, when putting the new ones in (after waiting the prescribed 2mins) you then leave the Pro-track/pro-dytter 15 mins before turning it on or doing anything with it.

I've also heard that you can considerably lengthen battery life if, when putting the new ones in (after waiting the prescribed 2mins) you then leave the Pro-track/pro-dytter 15 mins before turning it on or doing anything with it.

Why the hell could this possibly be?

I'm not saying at all that you're wrong, just want to understand why. I've never heard this with any other battery operated device. Even the 2 minute deal doesn't make sense.

Hi There,

I'm on a Pro Dytter (My 3rd, since they come adrift) - and have 100 dives since my low battery warning first went off in early January. I've found it'll go 2/3 times as long on low bat than it does before the bat warning starts.

I wear an Alti - I have no data to protect - and I don't rely on my audiable. My old Dytter lasts over 1000 dives or 5 years... whichever comes first.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

We've been through this before.

This discussion is about batteries - but lets go down your road.

It was mounted in the clip supplied for the purpose of retaining it by L&B. The clip was retained - meaning I had mounted it securely. The dytter was not - meaning they'd designed it poorly.

Since then, the Pro Dytter is supplied with cable ties -and the Pro Track with both cable ties and rubber bands. Both these are afterthoughts to the origional design, which were added because...? The origional clip supplied never did its job as intended.

My review on the Pro Dytter is not the only one which mentions them going adrift. The fact that L&B have replaced 100's of units is an indication that they are aware of the poor design of the origional clip.

If you want to continue this discussion, lets take it to the PM's.

t
It's the year of the Pig.