mr2mk1g

Fully enclosed/single piece cam helmets

I'm looking into buying a purpose built helmet for when I take up camera jumping early next year.

Im leaning heavliy towards the fully enclosed, open face set ups like the Rawa and the FF2, where there is no posability of a gap between Dbox/camera mount and helmet shell. (by fully enclosed I mean the camera mount, I'm not refering to a full face helmet).

Does anyone know of other helmets on the market that meet these requirements other than the two I've mentioned? Im not after a comparison per say, just attempting to broaden my horizons as to contenders for my cash.

cheers

"just attempting to broaden my horizons as to contenders for my cash."
The FF2 is probably the widest available here in the UK.
But you can fill/bridge the gap with tape, line deflector webbing, foam etc.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I have a Rawa and absolutely love it. I would suggest that you get the 2 hole d-box for both HD and sit flying. With the single hole d-box, I really have to look at the other persons head when sit flying. If I look at their body or feet, the video chops their upper body off. With the 2 hole d-box, you just flip your camera over and dont have to worry about where you are looking.

The only problem that I have with mine, is that I have a Sony PC-101 camera, and the lanc ports are on the side that sits up against the helmet. This prevents me from being able to install a Cam-Eye, and so I always have to look in the mirror or ask someone if I have a red light.

Other than that, it fits very comfortably, it is an awesome product for the price ($320 fo everything), and I havent had any problems with riser strike. Also, Claudio at Rawa is VERY easy to do business with, and he can hook you up with all the info you want.

Does anyone know of other helmets on the market that meet these requirements other than the two I've mentioned?

On german ebay, somebody frequently sells helmets with your requirements. I think that would be the third possibility.
ebay
The auction says he ships everywhere.
If it does not cost anything you are the product.