Cornholio

Good Price for PC101 ?

So I was in the city the other day and stopped in at several camera shops to inquire about pricing. Two of the 6 shops said that they would sell me the PC101 NEW for $699.00 on the spot. I didn't have the cash, but I am wondering if these guys were yanking my chain, or can they really sell it for this price and make any money ? I'm wondering if I should waste my time and go back there when I am ready to buy.

BTW (for the camera nazis ;)) - I am shopping for a camera, but I don't plan on flying with it until probably next year.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Guys. Be careful when buying a camera that expensive a few months ago I got my PC 101 $960.00 on internet the place is located in New York After I made my order the guy called to say it was going to be a little bit more because the offer was for the European System (B.S), to what I accepted, after a month waiting for the camera, calling the guy hearing all kinds of excuses I cancel the order, after I cancel I got the camera the next day, with the bad luck that my neighbor received on my name.
B| Now all those stores have a 10% charge when you return, So if I return the camera I was going to lose hundred and some dollars so I kept it. Now I rather go to Sears and buy over the counter, but if you must buy from Internet like is the case with us Skydivers do some research about the company and their Policies, call them and talk to a person make them feel responsible for your order, There is also a Certification that those site should have which I don’t remember how is it call. Anyway be careful.

http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

I know of 5 people from this site that have bought their camera's from Dbuys.com and I'm yet to hear one issue. Me, Wildblue, Mountianman, Andyman, Cajun... Fell free to PM me if you have questions about them. I'm not employed or get anything out of this.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I know of 5 people from this site that have bought their camera's from Dbuys.com and I'm yet to hear one issue. Me, Wildblue, Mountianman, Andyman, Cajun... Fell free to PM me if you have questions about them. I'm not employed or get anything out of this.

Didn't Mother Hen get her's from there too? Mine should be here on monday. The only thing they tried to do was sell me a charger when I called to confirm the order. I told them no thank-you. He said, ok well your camera will be there on monday, Have a nice day. :)

monkey got 101 from dbuys, that place is solid...regarding the $699 price, it's a totally money price but be cautious b/c it's so good...another online trick they play is they sell you the camera cheap and don't include the whole set, meaning you have to still buy the battery seperate and all that crap. happened to a guy i jumped with that got a sick deal on a 101, but when all was said and done he spent the same amount that i did....good luck!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Hey, Corndog! If you go with a bigger house you get everything that comes in the box. The battery and charger are almost $100. Here's a quote from B&H. But, you know, you can get a 120 for $1199.

Subj: Requested Price
Date: 5/2/2003 12:35:22 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: The Famous Cornholio
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear valued customer,

Our current selling price for the: Sony - DCR-PC101 Mini Dv Camcorder
is $999.95, to purchase this item at this price, click below:

http://www04.bhphoto.com/item/IC=zpSODCRPC101925-REG-0___SID=F523127F900___BI=151

AOL Users click here

That sounds like a pretty high price from what I have seen so far. I am not ready to buy now, but maybe in a few months once the new job starts paying off some of these CC bills.

And this was NOT an Internet order, I got these prices from just walking into the store and asking for a price. I'll let you guys know in a few months if they are for real or not. Chances are it's just the camera and no battery or charger or any other goodies.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump