jose

where to buy a pc 9?

i have finally decided on buying a pc9, and have been looking for the best prices on the net. the best so far i've found is on royalcamera.com for $888.00. the accessories are pricey but the camera seems to be priced right. does anyone have any other suggestions?

www.pricewatch.com also links to some of the shadiest vendors on the planet sometimes. Read the feed back on review sites before you drop a dime on a camera on the net. I know one place was selling a camera for a great price.. but they took the camera out of the box and kept the other parts (charger, battery, etc) and charged if you wanted them. I'd rather pay a bit more and get something from someone with some ethics some times...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yeah, I undestand this one.

I found some riduculously low prices on some cameras and called them to find out how.

They told me that was for "the camera only" and that it was several hundred more for all the accessories.

You can certainly find great deals on that website, none the less.

:)
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Another thing you have to watch out for on Ebay and Pricewatch are "Grey Market" cameras.

The cameras may include everything but were targeted for shipment to another country, as give-aways to companies or procured from mass-lot buyers (think "truckload sale").

These items have no warranty whatsoever with Sony. If buying from Ebay, get the serial number before competing the transaction and check it with Sony first. Also, use an escrow service to handle the payment, such as http://www.iescrow.com

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

ntsc vs. pal? i'm sorry, i don't understand either one of these. can you explain for me?

NTSC is the format used in the United States.
PAL is used everywhere else.

if you live in the U.S. you will want to get NTSC to be able to be compatible with everyones camera, VCR's, computers, etc....

They make VCR's that convert from NTSC to PAL and vice versa, but I am unaware of the cost.
my power is beyond your understanding.