mountainman

Which camera to get?

Hey everyone.

I have been looking at some cameras and cannot decide which one to get. Can some of you who have done some work with one or both give me your opinion?

I am wondering between the PC101 ($740) and the PC120 ($950). Let me know what you think.

Thanks! :)
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Hi

I'd like to know where you can get them for that price also.I was thinking about the PC101 but the cheapest I can get it is £870. If they're available for that price it would pay to come to the states and get one and have a jumping holiday as well. :)
Tom

Too much is never enough!

All right scud?

Jumped with a friend this past weekend who flies a PC9, I have a 101 - if you held a 101 next to the 9 - they look near identical in size (different colours and stickers tells them apart).
The 101 was pretty intuitive to figure out without having to resort to RTFM'ng - now Adobe Premiere on the otherhand is causing me no end in frustration
[:/]

Though I paid a wee bit more than $750 - the price of having to order via Sony cuz no one else even had them in stock.

So flying camera, eh? Past the magic 200 mark? (Seems whenever someone asks for new camera purchase advice, someone always retorts with, 'do you have enough jumps' ;) - frigged if I know what # you are at or what you plan to use it for - though one could wonder :P)

Forgot about the old format problem. Thanks.

As far as a warranty. I have no problems with buying stuff abroad or on holiday. Is that not why you have house hold or holiday insurance? New for old accidental damage cover. Beats all warranty schemes I've come across.

S'later.

Tom

Too much is never enough!

All right scud?

If I had to do it all over again.. I'd get a TRV and top mount it. Its a lot more versitle then a side mount. If you want to do Tandem Vids a top mount is the way to go. Same with RW and it still works nicely for freefly.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Thanks for all the great replys guys! And to answer/clear up some things:

I am NOT planning on jumping it any time soon. I am really just waiting more for my comfort/frequency level to go up so I can jump more regular and be better suited to handle a bad situation if one would arise.

Good thinking on the PAL, Skreamer. You can certainly do a search with that PriceWatch.com website and insert "PC120 PAL" and you'll get some results. Just scroll past the cheaper stuff. You'll see when the cameras start.

Thanks again for all the input. :)
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I haven't seen the $740.00 price tag but I did find one today on eBay. I e-mailed the seller and asked for a "Buy It Now" price and he wrote back and said wire him the money and and he would mail to to you FedEx overnight with two charged batteries for $800.00. Said to be new in the box.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, I realize that. That is why I asked for him to add a "Buy It Now" option which he chose not to do. Thanks for the heads up though! I did not purchase the camera
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln