pdj6p

camara mount? Help?

I just got a new hawkeye helmet and am going to pick up a new pc110 this week. The question is how do I get the two put together? There are no holes or mounting hardware anyware on the top of the helmet.
Jump hell, I was pushed!

If I remember correctly you drill a hole in the helmet for your mounts. Try putting up a post using "how do you mount a pc on a hawkeye" if you don't get much response here. You might also put the same post in the freefly posting area since the most prevelant use of the hawkeye is in freeflying.
Drewfus McDoofus

Thats funny... I seem to remember quite a few famous name camera flyers taking about how to properly mount a dbox or l bracket or whatever to get the best results. Tom Sanders makes the roll cage for the PC series.... Having an enclosed system like a Sidewinder does not allow for much flexibility in a system.
Having a seperate system allows you to change the mount angle at any time. If you need it at 15 degrees to do a tandem then you can adjust it to 15 for one jump then back to flat for freeflying.
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

Helmets that need L brackets, D boxes etc and all that other crap....You're only looking for trouble and any responsible camera flyer will tell you that.

I think that any responsible camera flyer will tell you that jumping camera is potentially dangeous stuff. I see it as one of the two or three most dangerous things you can do in the entire sport.
L brackets and D-boxes may be the only logical solutions to some mounting problems. I have yet to see any one camera helmet system that works for all types of camera flying and also provides the same "safety" as just wearing a normal skydiving helmet.
That said, there are things you can do to help mitigate the risk involved with your particular style of camera flying. Obviously you should attempt to minimize the snag points, but the reality is that unless all the cameras are mounted in some sort of protective bubble, that's just going to be an attempt.
So, tell me, what type of helmet camera system did you think wasn't asking for trouble? Can you show me a photo?
quade
http://futurecam.com

To some of the previous posts I don't think I said "do not jump L brackets etc etc..." but said you are looking for trouble. Some of the people mentioned by have how many thousands of jumps under their name and are experianced enough to handle just about any type of mal that a line snag could throw at them.
In the words of Gus from skydive Deland (top camera flyer in the country)to a friend of mine who wanted to fit a D box onto a bonehead
"That's a death trap" can't argue with that.

Gus from skydive Deland (top camera flyer in the country)

So, how does one get such a distinction? I didn't vote for him. Or is it like King Arthur, "The lady of the lake, her arm covered in the clearest semite, came forth and bestowed upon Gus the Exalibur .30 wide angle lens. No fisheye, no vignette, good for inside video."
One has to wonder....
Drewfus McDoofus

Gus from skydive Deland (top camera flyer in the country)

Hmmm...glad you bestowed that title on him. I would have hated to see it go to someone like Norman Kent or Mike McGowan. Those guys really suck at shooting video.
-Dave
"Gas...Undercarriage...Mixture...Prop...Beer"
B|

I would have hated to see it go to someone like Norman Kent or Mike McGowan.

Or perhaps Marc Steinbaugh, you might not have even heard of him, but he is the camera flyer on the World Champion 4-way team that you -may- have heard of, Arizona Airspeed. He doesn't take a lot of flashy stills and get them published in a lot of slick magazines, but I think having the sword says a little something about his skills.
quade
http://futurecam.com

Lets correct:
I agree Gus is not the best, slight typo should of said" One of the best..." so his experiance is most invaluable especially for beginners . I wouldn't lead anybody to believe anything , it's always my opinon and if you do you're an idiot
My top camera flyers are European flyers with Bruno heading my list.
And I can always invoke the name of the Dark Lord, been my best friend and all.