Conquest150

price on a canopy

hey all you skydivers out there i was wondering if any of you could help me wiht a price on a main. I currently have a conquest 150, it has a little over a thousand jumps(not really sure on specific number but know its a lil over a thousand). i got it as my first canopy and i love it but im gonna be getting a stiletto 135 pretty soon. YEA!!!! But back to the conquest, its in great condition and flys great, the warning label on it though is worn to the point that you cant read it and thats the way it was when i bought it. Ive put about 60 jumps on it. If any one can help me out wiht an approximate price range for this canopy i would greatly appreciate it and i do have pics if u want me to email them to you just ask. thanks

blue skies and safe landings

Sorry dude, a Conguest with over 1000 jumps on it isn't worth much. I've seen them with like 600 jumps sell for 3 to 4 hundred dollars through Sunshine, Paragear, etc. Probably lucky to get a couple hundred depending what the lines look like.

Now, more importantly - if this is your first canopy and you have only put 60 jumps on it, why would you even consider buying a Stiletto.

Canopy Nazis, open up a can of whoop ass on this dude!!

Canuck

hey all you skydivers out there i was wondering if any of you could help me wiht a price on a main. I currently have a conquest 150, it has a little over a thousand jumps(not really sure on specific number but know its a lil over a thousand). i got it as my first canopy and i love it but im gonna be getting a stiletto 135 pretty soon. YEA!!!! But back to the conquest, its in great condition and flys great, the warning label on it though is worn to the point that you cant read it and thats the way it was when i bought it. Ive put about 60 jumps on it. If any one can help me out wiht an approximate price range for this canopy i would greatly appreciate it and i do have pics if u want me to email them to you just ask. thanks

dude, get rid of that canopy as quickly as you can. it is not a good canopy to have. when you pull down on a front riser it will fold up.

not a good design.

i wouldn't buy one personally, but it isn't worth more than like 100 to 200 bucks. at best.

now, with only 60 jumps under the canopy, well, i would get another canopy. but not smaller.

maybe a sabre 150, safire, or sabre 2, hornet (the replacement for the sonic, which replaced the conquest). one of those. but i wouldn't recomend downsizing.

but hey, it's just my opinion.;)

later

Canopy Nazi here. Dude unless you are like 100lbs out the door a Stilletto 135 is a dangerous move. At 60 jumps I would guess that sometimes you open in a less than stable body position and witht the Stilletto that is asking for a spinner that will cause you to CHOP. Also the Stilletto, while a great canopy, is most likely too agressive for you and can/will cause you pain when you try to land in less than ideal conditions. Talk to some more experienced people and some instructors and try and get a better recomendation for what you should jump. A spectre, a sabre2, maybe a Hornet or Triathalon loaded at ~1.0 would be a good idea for the next say 300-400 jumps. Bottom line if you can't do all of Bills canopy control tasks then don'y risk becoming a statistic.
If you want a really good recomendation call Lisa at Square1 or talk to a conopy control coach.
Chris

At the risk of being flamed as someone who doesn't know very much about skydiving, let me tell you that a Sabre2 is an awesome canopy to be learning on. I've jumped a Spectre and a Triathlon and neither one of them compares to my Sabre2. I wouldn't know what jumping a Stilleto is like (possibly my next canopy sometime down the road), but there's a reason why they're called "Spin-ettos".

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

...but there's a reason why they're called "Spin-ettos".

Sigh...here we go again. This is one of the misconceptions that really grates on me.

The Stiletto got the nickname "Spinetto" because at the time of its release nobody knew that they had to, or how to, fly the opening on a loaded elliptical high-performance canopy.

Any current HP canopy (or any other canopy for that matter) has a chance of spinning up if you deploy with one side of the harness loaded more than the other.

I have over 150 jumps on my Stiletto loaded at close to 1.4:1 and have never had a chronic line twist problem. The 2-3 that I have had were minor and the canopy flew flat & level while I kicked out. These were more than likely caused by packing than anything else as I concentrate on the horizon during opening and use my hips to fly the opening.

My canopy consistantly opens within 10-20 degrees of my intended heading.

Now, as for whether someone should be jumping a Stiletto at 60 jumps, we are in agreement.

A good starter canopy would be a Sabre, Sabre2, Hornet, Spectre, or Triathlon.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Now, as for whether someone should be jumping a Stiletto at 60 jumps, we are in agreement.

I think a misunderstanding. His info says 110 jumps. I think he means 60 jumps on the current canopy.

IMO moving to a stiletto at 110 jumps is not wise. You are more likely to get killed or seriously injured. Most injuries and fatalties under perfectly good canopies are by jumpers in the 100-300 jump range moving to an elliptical too soon, beyond their current skills and experience.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I couldn't agree more about the Sabre2, it is an awsome canopy.

I haven't jumped a Stiletto, but also don't really know why someone with 110 jumps would want to buy one, except for hope of being cooler. But chances are, it will make you uncooler.
I'd say that trying to get the most out of a canopy will lead to some mistakes, which are better done under a more forgiving canopy than a stiletto.

yes i do have 110 jumps and i have jumped a sabre 2 adn it is a great canopy but i also have a couple jumps on the stiletto that i will be recieving. I will be getting the stiletto from my father who has just under 2000 jumps and is a tandem master adn aff instructor. i have been around the sport my whole life, i was that little kid running around the dropzone trying to help pack parachutes. So with that being said i have heard many of the stories and seen the accidents happen under small canopies. I am also not the kind of person who is in to hookin it in to get the great surf at the bottom end, to me that is personally askin for a death wish. i enjoy flying the canopy up high. well i appreciate the help you guys have given and the thoughts on safety, i appreciate it very much and i dont know another sport that i participate in that i would see that concern for the safety of others. that is one of the things i love about skydiving. thanks again and have fun skydivin and be safe

blue skies and soft landings

dude, get rid of that canopy as quickly as you can. it is not a good canopy to have. when you pull down on a front riser it will fold up.

not a good design.

Oh shit... I missed this thread... sky is right about that.
-
-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

yes i do have 110 jumps and i have jumped a sabre 2 adn it is a great canopy but i also have a couple jumps on the stiletto that i will be recieving. I will be getting the stiletto from my father who has just under 2000 jumps and is a tandem master adn aff instructor. i have been around the sport my whole life, i was that little kid running around the dropzone trying to help pack parachutes. So with that being said i have heard many of the stories and seen the accidents happen under small canopies. I am also not the kind of person who is in to hookin it in to get the great surf at the bottom end, to me that is personally askin for a death wish. i enjoy flying the canopy up high. well i appreciate the help you guys have given and the thoughts on safety, i appreciate it very much and i dont know another sport that i participate in that i would see that concern for the safety of others. that is one of the things i love about skydiving. thanks again and have fun skydivin and be safe

well it sounds like you grew up the same way i did. around a dz your whole life.

and since it sound like you dad just might know what he's talking about;), we can't really say a whole lot. i'm sure if you father thought you were not ready for the 135, he would not let you have it.

just be careful when you get it.

and if you do wait to jump it, still find something else to jump other than that conquest. that is a very scarey canopy to be under. if you had seen one fold up at about 100 feet, and then sudenly re-open at about 25 ft, they u would understand why i say this.

just my $.02

later

like a lot of others said, it's not worth more than 150$...

about the stiletto, i too shall join and state my opinion: go ahead, buy it. in my opinion, high performance canopies not heavily loaded are easier to control and fly then the conquest (did it happen to you too, that it just dropped down at the end of the flair?) or any other non-elliptical canopy.

JUST REMEMBER THAT THE LANDING STARTS THE SAME MOMENT YOU OPEN YOUR CHUTE!!

:)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

yea the conquest has dropped me a couple times and im gettin tired of it so ive been jumpin my dads stiletto every oppertunity that ive had now since his accident i will be able to jump more...in a way thats a good thing but in another way its bad cause he's hurt. well thanks for the opinions and everything
Greg

:)PISA is no longer PISA, they have merged with Aerodyne Int. You will have a hard time selling your Conquest 150, unless you can get the right trim specs for the lines. But even then, there is much better technology out there. I would like to tip my cap to those pilots, that showed me what really is possible, even with a Conquest! Test jump as many different canopies as you can. There are many good choices out there. Become discriminating, because you can. It is so easy to fall in love with the next canopy you jump, simply because it may be performing better than the previous model, and as skydivers we are notoriously fearful of anything new, so when we have jumped something new and it really performs better, we are apt to just call it quits there and make our decision. What I am really trying to say, is that the pilot is the most important performance enhancing factor. You can do things with a Conquest, Sabre, Triathlon, Spectre, Stiletto, Nitro(n), 26 ft round, that nobody else could do, provided you really take the time to get to know the canopy and take it to its performance envelope.(Within reason).;)

The Conquest was a great canopy. So was the Pappion and the Excalibur... But time moves on and these are relics. 1000 jumps on a Conquest? Don't be an idiot! Cover your car with it.

And dude believe it or not the Stiletto ain't so new either! The Stiletto was a great canopy for it's time, but the newer canopies are far safer and superior. PD tends to be slow to change and squeezes the last drop of blood out of all it's designs. Don't screw around with out-dated technology; there are too many good modern canopies out there. Fly smart...Fly safe!
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

I cant say much for a conquest because i never flew one. I'm like you, i'm still new to the skydiving world. I recently purchased a Sabre2 135 with 50 jumps for $1000 but ended up never flying it due to safety reasons. I checked around talking to instuctors and coaches. I ended up selling the Sabre2 135 for $950 because i was going to be loaded at a wingload of 1.40 at 60 jumps under my belt. I currently fly a Merit 170 and will be getting a Sabre2 150 which gives me a wingload of 1.26. That is more managable for me and thats what was recommended by the more experienced jumpers, instuctors and coaches. Just because you grew up around a DZ doesnt make you a better pilot. Under canopy you are on your own, daddy aint there to help you but maybe to load you in an ambulance when you have 2 broken legs. Take your time and learn. Your life isnt worth being cool with a HP wing at your skill level. Just a thought because you dont have many more jumps than i do. Stick to a 150 sq ft.B|

well with the stiletto 135 i will only be wingloading at 2.8 or 9

Please, please, please tell me that number is a typo.

Nope, His exit weight is really 378. Impressive huh?
-
-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto