katecooper

Big Way Camps

Hone your skills at large formation skydiving with the folks that make the records.

Come to Perris for the Big Way Camp 4-7 May.

http://perrisperformanceplus.com/biwaycamp.htm

Limited slots left. The link above (sorry it's not clicky) has all informatiion.

blue skies, big blots
kate

Hi sweetheart,
nice avatar!

Hope you have already signed up for the camp - it's a lot of fun and it might bring you to Thailand one day;).

blue ones,

M.

Edit to add:
Oops, you need to do 75 more jumps - so hurry up!!!
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Just updated the numbers... closer! I will have them. I would have been closer but it's been raining here!! ugh!!!:S

Life is good here~ and I have sent in my $$ and form...waiting to here!

JUDY
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

*bump*
still some slots left on the 4-7 may big way camp. There is an invitational 100 way the following week, 11-14 May. There are possibilities for people attending the camp to qualify for the 100 ways.

contact [email protected] for further information or for applicatoin forms

thanks
kate

Kate,

I can't come to this camp on account of having to work :( but for what it's worth, here's a suggestion: How about devoting some evening time to a seminar about the mechanics of big ways and big way engineering?

I have been to several big way events where very capable skydivers have argued with the plane captain about exit order from trail planes, and when exit frames are done they have no idea where they should stand. I've even seen a couple of trail plane captains who were unclear on the concept of who would be where relative to the base right after exit from a trail plane. Dirt dives are generally too rushed to be able to communicate these ideas effectively.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Dirt dives are generally too rushed to be able to communicate these ideas effectively.

Not all big way events are organised by the top big way peeps, like Kate, Tony, et al. The problems encountered are due to the organisers and their lack of knowledge and/or organisation.

I've done a couple of the big way camps, plus JFTC, and I never found that the dirt dives were rushed.

In fact, the dirt diving for big ways took longer than for 4-way jumps!

Kate, Tony, Dan and Larry were very good about explaining the mechanics of the dives and the plane captains were stellar. Time is taken at the beginning of the camps to chat about big way flying and what it entails.

Regarding a seminar in the evening - Kate and Tony sit down and watch each video over and over again to watch every person to determine how the line up is going to be for the next day. That is very time consuming and can take a few hours. When we finish jumping, our day is done, but theirs is not!!!

Information for big ways is on-line for those that care to look it up.

If anyone wants to get into big way stuff, do the big way camp at Perris - it is invaluable. An awful lot of people got invites onto JFTC and the World Team by doing these camps.

Liz

Dirt dives are generally too rushed to be able to communicate these ideas effectively.

Not all big way events are organised by the top big way peeps, like Kate, Tony, et al. The problems encountered are due to the organisers and their lack of knowledge and/or organisation.

I've done a couple of the big way camps, plus JFTC, and I never found that the dirt dives were rushed.

In fact, the dirt diving for big ways took longer than for 4-way jumps!

Kate, Tony, Dan and Larry were very good about explaining the mechanics of the dives and the plane captains were stellar. Time is taken at the beginning of the camps to chat about big way flying and what it entails.

Regarding a seminar in the evening - Kate and Tony sit down and watch each video over and over again to watch every person to determine how the line up is going to be for the next day. That is very time consuming and can take a few hours. When we finish jumping, our day is done, but theirs is not!!!

Information for big ways is on-line for those that care to look it up.

If anyone wants to get into big way stuff, do the big way camp at Perris - it is invaluable. An awful lot of people got invites onto JFTC and the World Team by doing these camps.

Liz

The reason I suggested it here is that Kate and Tony's events always do it right and the captains know what they're doing.

But a dirt dive is not the place for an extended discussion on big-way engineering.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Still have some slots left on Big Way Camp 4-7 May at Perris.

This is a great training tool and warm up even for experienced large formation skydivers or for Freeflyers who are interested in learning more about large formation flying.

Qualified persons are welcome to inquire about the 100 way event following the camp, 11-14 May

[email protected]