bbarnhouse

Airspeed Adds 2 New Members

Congrats to both...

As a side, I take it the elgibility issues that were there for Thomas are figured out? Did he fall under the same FAI ruling as Pete Allum with Sinapsi PD ??

Either way, Big CONGRATS Eric and Thomas!!!!! :)
Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

So at this point the Fastrax effort is a blazing success - with the legitimacy of swapping team members with world class teams both in and out of their lineups - let alone the performances of the last couple seasons.... What a great model for those that don't live 100% of the time in just the warm weather states.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

As a side, I take it the elgibility issues that were there for Thomas are figured out?

Thomas Hughes will be eligible as of the beginning of 2006, the last time he competed with XL was in 2003, and after you move to another country under the FAI rules you are only ineligible for a period of three years. So he's good to go for the 2006 Wold Meet.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

What a great model for those that don't live 100% of the time in just the warm weather states.

Agreed. Interestingly enough Fastrax will do most of their training this year in a warm weather state;)

I guess the model is get good and then move away [:/]. I think the great equalizer will be more tunnels. At that point, maybe the cold states will have a natural advantage as the tendency will be more intensive tunnel training in the winter months - that's more concentrated learning. I believe I read an article where the very top teams are heavily loaded in the tunnel versus actual skydives.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

At that point, maybe the cold states will have a natural advantage as the tendency will be more intensive tunnel training in the winter months

And I know the perfect tunnel for some winter training in the states;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

At that point, maybe the cold states will have a natural advantage as the tendency will be more intensive tunnel training in the winter months

And I know the perfect tunnel for some winter training in the states;)

Now you've just become a tool of your corporate masters. Just a mouthpiece for 'the man'. It's sad. :P

I'm still working a weekend, end of March for the fun of it. We'll be talking......

I believe I read an article where the very top teams are heavily loaded in the tunnel versus actual skydives.

One side note to that though is that before the Eloy tunnel airspeed was basically the least tunnel trained of the world class teams.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

One side note to that though is that before the Eloy tunnel airspeed was basically the least tunnel trained of the world class teams.

If you examine Airspeed Odyssy's performance at M Cup in Russia and USPA Nationals compared to the World Cup, it is easy to see the progress made with additional use of tunnel training.:)

Now you've just become a tool of your corporate masters. Just a mouthpiece for 'the man'. It's sad.

:ph34r::ph34r:Yea, so what...............sue me!

I'm still working a weekend, end of March for the fun of it. We'll be talking......

Oh goodie. It would be great to see you again.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If you examine Airspeed Odyssy's performance at M Cup in Russia and USPA Nationals compared to the World Cup, it is easy to see the progress made with additional use of tunnel training.

I agree with you totally on that one, I just think that it's impressive the kind of performance the team was able to put out before the tunnel opened in Eloy;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I could be wrong, but I think Natasha said that Fire only did about 4-5 hours of tunnel time before Nationls.

I know that they did not do too much tunnel time, spending more time skydiving. They still kicked ass at Nationals, so if the outcome at next year's Nationals is dependant on which team has the most tunnel training, then that is wide of the mark.....

Tunnel training is not the same as actualluy jumping from a plane or dealing with the mental stress of a competition and jumping out.

Please do not mis-understand me as I love the tunnel and how flying in it has honed my skydiving skills.

In an article wasn't Fires focus on exits and then the flow of the dive? They are 4 damn good flyers so the tunnel would have just made them a BIGGER hurdle for Arispeed, Fastrax, the Knights and so on.

So maybe Fires focus on exits helped them become a solid Team.
Exits are a big part of RW and pulling them off adds points to the total.

But no one can deny the tunnels benifits.
The Video that the NSL had of the Eloy tunnel showed that the 4 way teams even lowered the wind speed to work the exit count in! Adding 1 more thing you can train on in the tunnels.

Airspeed I think, has the second most tunnel time of the top teams through out their history. They pretty much invented the Tunnel RW coach programs out there today for civilians.

The Knights probably had the most tunnel time until recently.
Wind tunnels will always be an added benifit to skydiving and not a passing fad.

With a 14' tunnel in Eloy any team wanting to represent its country in National and International events should just book a team room annually and forward their mail to the DZ.

B2 get more team rooms ready! Your gonna be busy, with 3 (?) US 4-Way Open RW Teams already it will only get busier!
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If you examine Airspeed Odyssy's performance at M Cup in Russia and USPA Nationals compared to the World Cup, it is easy to see the progress made with additional use of tunnel training

I think that is more of the case for training the event. The focus was on 8way with a little 4way. After Nationals the focus could shift.

The tunnel helps, thats pretty clear, but training for the event helps more:P
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

If you examine Airspeed Odyssy's performance at M Cup in Russia and USPA Nationals compared to the World Cup, it is easy to see the progress made with additional use of tunnel training

The tunnel helps, thats pretty clear, but training for the event helps more

I agree.

Oddyssey did a little more training in the tunnel and in the air after Nationals in the lead up to the World Cup. On training days, they did some 4-way training in the air and in the tunnel when 8-way training was done and then did a little bit more training after that, but not a whole heap.

As a 4-way, they totally clicked on the day(s)!

Liz