cpoxon

Eloy 150-ways, November 1-11 2006

Noticed this event in the calendar but couldn't find anymore information here or on the Skydive Arizona website. Does anyone have anymore details? It's listed under "training camps" so is it aimed at people who haven't been this big before? Mind you, 150 ways aren't very common so they could all be considered training. There seems to be a market for this; 100+ ways are becoming more common these days but there is nothing between those and the World Records. Mind you, it could be argued that the same skills apply and there isn't a great deal of difference. Perhaps it's a sequential event but then that would be a record and it would say. I guess the Airspeed guys are organising?

Anyone? Betsy?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Ich denke nicht so

I'd do a lot of things to get on a big-way but turning German is taking it a bit far! :-P

Seriously though, that is interesting. I guess this would be a German record, beating the one set in Dubai? Spooky, Darren and I were just talking last night about the logistics of organising a British record and the aircraft availability. interesting, that Eloy have made it viable enough for the Germans to decamp to there. would be interested to know how many jumps are intended and what the cost per person is? Are there 149 other suitably qualified Brits out there who fancy back-to-backing the Germans? :-D I nominate Andy Scott to key the second point! :-P The Dubai event where the Germans achieved their record was supposed to be a tri-nation event but there wasn't enough interest from the Brits or the Swedes(?) to do that and the Germans went ahead and set their NAtional record on their own.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Do brits living in the US count?

Are you thinking of having it in the UK or Stateside?

Heck, if there is another big way camp at Perris, you could probably get enough Brits to go to it there...

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Are there 149 other suitably qualified Brits out there who fancy back-to-backing the Germans?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one

John, she said "qualified"

btw- you don't have a real job :P
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Are there 149 other suitably qualified Brits out there who fancy back-to-backing the Germans?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one

John, she said "qualified"

btw- you don't have a real job :P

OK, so I'm overqualified

I have a real boss, though.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

right....thats what I meant "over qualified"

John, mirage63 is Fortson, mirage62 is Bob. Caught me out too for a while.

For the record they are both me, ones at the house and ones at work.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little