sealedinlies

SSL meet last Saturday

I had an awesome time on Saturday and I met a bunch of really cool people...anyways
just wanted to say thanx to everyone...it was a blast

--Justin Shekoski---

p.s. Dom, Tony and Steve....you guys kick ass
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there
you will long to return.
-Leonardo da Vinci

Not to bad for only 4 team training jumps!

Dude, you guys whooped some serious ass on the teams that were in your division. . .I guess tunnel rats can fly. . .lol!

SSL rocked. . .It was my first time competing and I didn't even know I was competing till 8 p.m. on Friday night. . .what a rush. . .

The folks at Elsinore really came through getting us all on loads to finish the competition by sunset. It was tough since we didn't get the first load in the air till around 12:30 - with 16 teams, that made it quite tight. . .but man was it a blast. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Thanks Darcy. Tunnel Rats can fly. I think Eliana from Airspeed proved that. It was really fun especially since we where actually down 2 points going into round 5. The Equinox boys where really cool, they came up and shook my hand before they even posted the round 6 scores. I guess they saw our video before we did and knew we had beat them. I think we ended up winning by 3 or 4 points. That 12 in the last round! :)
I saw some of your guys jumps. Not to bad. I guess all the jumps you have been doing with MJ have been paying off! Plus you had Lito as your ring leader!:D:D I love that little guy!
Dom

I saw some of your guys jumps. Not to bad. I guess all the jumps you have been doing with MJ have been paying off! Plus you had Lito as your ring leader!

Dude, I go to MJ's camp, Excel Basic camp at Elsinore and any other training I can find. We did get a 7 on round 6. . .our best score. . .it was a lot of fun to put together a pick-up team and give it a whirl. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy

It was good to see you at your home dz. More in your element. You seem to really have a home there.

You mean I don't stick out too much there? LOL. . .naw, everyone knows me there and I am comfortable and well-cared for. I love going to Perris also, but it is not like where you "grow up". . .if you know what I mean. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

but it is not like where you "grow up". . .if you know what I mean

I know exactley what you mean! When I left Washington St. and came to Perris, I was in awe and almost overwhelmed at the time. There was so much going on and I felt like a fish out of water. Home is always home, but it is always good to have friends at other places. That is one of the reasons I like DZ.com so much.
Dom

well, the AAA was a really close battle...

AZ Blade won with 101 points
Perris School Boyz 2nd with 100 points (that's DanBC's team)

I think Elsinore GT was third, but don't quote me on that.

dgskydive's team won the AA class.

I was training 8-way, so I didn't get to compete with my team...they used a fill-in.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Ummm...Dominic...yes Eliana is awesome but you were you not aware that you were on the plane all day with Thomas Hughes who is the penultimate tunnel body pilot? Ever seen him carve around people standing in the tunnel while on his head and wearing a bootie suit? He competed at the World Meet last year for the Brits and on Saturday he, Mark Kirkby, Natasha Montgomery and Beat Steffen won their second SSL gold medal with an average of 16.83.

I never post but while I am here smackin' with Dominic:

AAA
Gold: Arizona Blade with an average of 16.83
Silver: Perris Schoolboys with an average of 16.67
Bronze: Elsinore GT with an average of 14.33

AA:
Gold: Perris Pending with an average of 8.83
Silver: Elsinore Equinox with an average of 8.17
Bronze: Elsinore Fuse with an average of 6.17

These should be up on NSL and SSL sites by tomorrow, along with a write-up of the meet. It was awesome, big thanks to the staff at Skydive Elsinore.

Thanks Quade for the update. . .

That sure was fun. I cannot wait to get the opportunity to do it again. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Hi Pam.

Ummm...Dominic...yes Eliana is awesome but you were you not aware that you were on the plane all day with Thomas Hughes who is the penultimate tunnel body pilot?

I know who Thomas is. Her name was the first one to pop in my head cause I think she is way cuter then Thomas. He definatly kicks ass though. I watch BLade train every chance I get when they are in the tunnel. In fact I think I spent to much attention on there exits all day saturday. As we where exiting right after them, I would try and see them at least through their 1st transition on the hill. Those guys come out, hit the wind and it's like someone put a piece of glass under them. Stable and turning right away!

Plus the best part of exiting right behind them is that Natasha needs a place to sit (my Knee) while waiting for the door.:$:o >:(! She is kinda hot ya know.
Dom

Hey Dom & Justin! Have you guys checked out the NSL website??? As of right now Pending placed third out of all the AA competitions that took place this weekend and are 4th of out 30 AA Teams overall!!! Congrats you guys kicked ass!!!!!!!!!

Wow, a lot of good teams came out of the woodwork this weekend in AA.

Gotta go train more.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I know who Thomas is. Her name was the first one to pop in my head cause I think she is way cuter then Thomas.

:$:$

Yeah, I saw the Thomas cutaway handle on his rig and wanted to snatch it away! (never had a personal logo on a rig of mine). ;)

Pending, you guys rocked! After I saw your training tape I knew we were in for a treat...and you didn't disappoint. That 12 on round 6...and the 13's were awesome! :)
A team to watch, people!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon