The111

Legs sore from tracking?

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before...

Yesterday I made my first tracking dive, then 3 more! Today my thighs are SUPER sore. I mean, I guess I did spend 4 minutes tracking, but I found it hard to believe at first that this is why I am sore.

I DID also go wakeboarding the night before, but I've been doing that a lot lately and haven't yet felt this sore (or really very sore at all, in the legs at least) from wakeboarding.

So maybe it's from the track? I guess it does take a lot of force to keep your legs straight against such strong relative wind...

Is it possible this is from the track?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

so this means it's a sport ???
but tracking is not RW, it's part of freefly...
maybe the speed pulled your legs ?? :P
normally shoulders should hurt too...

C.G. Godfrog invented tracking long before Olav invented "freefly".

See:
www.afn.org/skydive/usenet/1995/nov/0163.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

but tracking is not RW, it's part of freefly...

Damn, then during 4-way we're not allowed to track afterword? I've been doing it all wrong, I was thinking all of it was part of Skydiving.

By that logic, turns and changing fall rates and moving forward and side sliding and formations and taking grips are only part of RW.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have been on few tracking dives, with freeflyers. They wear baggy clothes and are in an arched position, except the leader, who is on their back. It should be called flocking dives. They do not track, but move forward at a fairly slow fall rate. Once we get to break off, about 6k, we turn and track. I go much faster now that i straighten out my leg, lose the arch and push with my shoulders and arms. This puts much distance between me and the other flockers. I would then knee fly while watching them depoly. In a tracking contest they track. The point is to cover max amount of ground. Two different disiplines. B|

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

I also recently realized that going on tracking dives with fryfliers in order to practice flat track is not a very good idea b/c they use different body position. If you match the forward speed and stay on level with them you don’t really flat track. If you go to your max, you will probably out track the leader ...

Sure tracking is part of freefly. I never track after a 4-way or a 60 way we all just pull in place.

Sorry, but... are you serious???
»Somewhere between the lies and truths borderlines get shady.
Somewhere between the yesses and nos you can find the maybe.«