base428

DaKine Rags - DON'T WASTE YOUR $$$

Just a note to anyone interested in DaKine rags or any product from Chuck. Don't waste your $. I put my order in back in August, finally got my Rags in November (about 5-6 weeks late), then he forgot to put an extra pocket that I paid for. So I sent them back on my bill and haven't seen them for 2 months. Chuck won't return calls or emails. Hell, is he alive? Last I heard, he says he sent my pants to Montana (I live in WV). It's been nearly SIX MONTHS since my initial order.

Chuck is too busy to be a reputable, honest clothing manufacturer. And if Chuck doesn't like this email, then I'll delete it when he gives me my Rags or my $ back. Word of mouth is the best (or worst) way to build a business.

Cya!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Thanks for your opinion, but isn't this forum for posts about GEAR?!!!

Sure is. And people are welcome to post about their experiences, good and bad, with gear manufacturers and dealers here.

I can understand why you're upset with DaKine; I think I would be too. What I don't understand is why you're kinda going off on drenaline. He told you about another place where you can post your review of the company. If it were me in your situation, I'd be thanking him for pointing me in that direction and then I'd be off to spread the word there too...

You know, this is another in a line of complaints I've heard about DaKine lately. Mainly about the price/quality ratio being off, too much money for something that isn't very well built.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

it's all of that hawaian blue man, no stems no seeds that you don't need, pure sense! J/K! i buy all of my skywear from there, yeah he's slow, but it's a sideline job. but his fashion is in vogue! and it does look kewel! ;)

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

I agree, they have some nice designs. I just dont know if I want to pay extra for rush delivery :

Rush delivery
Offers a mail-out date of 3 weeks after ordering.
$40

Rush 2
2 weeks after order date
$60

Rush NOW
1 week after order date
$100

I agree, they have some nice designs. I just dont know if I want to pay extra for rush delivery :

Rush delivery
Offers a mail-out date of 3 weeks after ordering.
$40

Rush 2
2 weeks after order date
$60

Rush NOW
1 week after order date
$100

I never cared much for companies that offered "rush" service for a fee. They don't stay late and work on it or hire extra seamstresses, all that happens is that everyone elses order is pushed aside
and delayed. Not a very good business practice.
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Funny, exact opposite of my experience with Chuck. My shit was on time, made well. I bought the top well after the bottoms and he managed to to match everything from a picture.
I hjeard a runor that he is selling his company to some sports equipment company, that may have something to do with your problem.
JJ
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

Tim, I'm pretty much angry at everyone.....just kidding. Actually, I'm out $236 for Rags that I may never see. It's been nearly 6 months. When I get screwed, I spread the word so that my fellow jumpers don't have to suffer like I have through the countless emails, phone calls to Hawaii, etc.

Have a super day everyone!!!!

Jason, Are you angry at Every one or just chuck?

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Tim, I'm pretty much angry at everyone.....just kidding. Actually, I'm out $236 for Rags that I may never see. It's been nearly 6 months. When I get screwed, I spread the word so that my fellow jumpers don't have to suffer like I have through the countless emails, phone calls to Hawaii, etc.

Have a super day everyone!!!!

Jason, Are you angry at Every one or just chuck?

Yup Yup I hear ya. I"m in a similar situation right now with another manufacturer. I'll fill ya'll in when I have some form of closure.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

It took me 4 monthes to get my Merlin camera suit. I was very anxious, and disapointed in the long delays. I did finally get it, and love it... So I guess it all came out well.

Still, I don't understand how it can take 4 monthes to make a camera suit.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

He's in California working on some plans for the future of DaKine, he's not blowing you off.
I got my suit custom made and actually went into the store to get measured, pick it up, and have repairs done and it is a teeny business for the amount of volume he manages to do.
Yeah its slow but we're on Hawaii time.
I think he's supposed to be back the first week of February, keep emailing him.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

I was in Hawaii last month and picked up a pair of pants from him. He's a great guy... very interesting... and was very helpful to me. He told me he wasn't making any more skydiving gear and was shifting gears into casual clothes. I bought out of his remaining stock. I don't mean to put words into anyone's mouth, because its possible he's back in the skydiving business again. But.... be careful about placing new orders.

Actually I think he updated his website to show that he's not taking new orders....but you never can tell.

From his Home Page:
DKR production facility is closed this Jan. 2003.
In stock Rags, can be purchased after Feb 1st.
Production will resume April 5th.
No custom orders will be taken until that time.
Wishing you a Happy and Safe New Year.

Doesn't sound like he's out of the business to me.