billdo

Bootie question

I'm getting a new Tonysuit and I'm lost as to the bootie selection
Reg. Bootie: has 3 panels, with a leather sole. It curves towards your ankle for better control.
Reg. XL Bootie: Has 3 panels and a shock cord around the foot that engulfs the entire foot.
Mega Bootie: Has 1 panel with a leather sole. It forms a straight line knee to toe.
Mega XL Bootie: Has 1 panel and a shock cord around the foot that engulfs the entire foot.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm getting a new Tonysuit and I'm lost as to the bootie selection
Reg. Bootie: has 3 panels, with a leather sole. It curves towards your ankle for better control.
Reg. XL Bootie: Has 3 panels and a shock cord around the foot that engulfs the entire foot.
Mega Bootie: Has 1 panel with a leather sole. It forms a straight line knee to toe.
Mega XL Bootie: Has 1 panel and a shock cord around the foot that engulfs the entire foot.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

you want something that is going to give you a staight line from knee to toe, and not collapse against your shin, making a "sail" so you can catch air with them. I'd go with the mega bootie if I were to buy that suit, but then again, I'm a Bev Suit fan.....

Although I'm not a RW guy, a friend is a pretty hard core one (skydive U. coach, went to a couple tunnel camps, etc), he ordered a Tony suit with the Mega Booties, did a couple jumps on it and sent it back to get the regular booties put on it. He found that all that material was moving his feet around and just plain annoying.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I bought the regular one, they are easier to control, when I borrow my friends mega bootie jumpsuit makes my movements kinda stupid. If its your first jumpsuit go for the regular bootie.

Are you sure they are selling the XL bootie? I know that they discontinue the airspeed ones but dunno about the XL.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

A single seam provides a MUCH more powerful bootie that takes some getting used to. The benifit is that if you can master it you will have a lot of leg awareness since on the normal bootie a tad bit of sloppyness does'nt matter too much, but on the more powerful bootie an inch makes a lot of difference. I tried a bootie suit then a mega suit and was blown away by how unstable the Mega suit made me but once I got it quieted down... super powerful and able to make snap moves like I could'nt believe.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I wouldn't know, I'm not a RW guy (yet), but the guy I was talking about is a very good RW guy, has something like around 10hrs of coached tunnel time and was personally asked to come to the Skydive U. coaches course, and I was just repeating what he said. B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Although I'm not a RW guy, a friend is a pretty hard core one (skydive U. coach, went to a couple tunnel camps, etc), he ordered a Tony suit with the Mega Booties, did a couple jumps on it and sent it back to get the regular booties put on it. He found that all that material was moving his feet around and just plain annoying.

it was moving his feet around because it was catching a lot of air as they are designed to do, when I first learned to really fly with my legs, my calves would get really sore from working my feet into the equation.

I wouldn't know, I'm not a RW guy (yet), but the guy I was talking about is a very good RW guy, has something like around 10hrs of coached tunnel time and was personally asked to come to the Skydive U. coaches course, and I was just repeating what he said. B|

Hell almost everyone has been personally asked to come to the SDU coaches course;)

Good course, but not hard to get into.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Skydive U? Didn't that operation go tits up when Danny left? :ph34r:

Anyway, I currently own two Michigan comp suits with knife edge booties. They are big, single-seam suits and did take some getting used to as compared to my older suits with "standard" booties. After a short time, though, I really appreciated the increased leg power offered by them. The only thing that makes me nuts is the "windvaning" under canopy (I don't pull my booties off to land). The larger booties also require a different swoop stop (in the freefall vernacular) when diving down to a large formation.

Chuck