Tunc

Dont' touch the front risers

I'm a newbie about canopy flight. There is a rule our dropzone that is don't touch the front risers at landing and this is too boring : ) I have started to 180 turn landing and it was good. I think this rule will be change but i want to continue my practices until that time. I try to some practice like 50% brake landing, low speed turns, only rear risers landing.......

what is your suggestions about this situation for me : )
Tunc

I'm a newbie about canopy flight. There is a rule our dropzone that is don't touch the front risers at landing and this is too boring : ) I have started to 180 turn landing and it was good. I think this rule will be change but i want to continue my practices until that time. I try to some practice like 50% brake landing, low speed turns, only rear risers landing.......

what is your suggestions about this situation for me : )

Either find a new dropzone or get into classic accuracy, buy a bigger rig, and start landing in small and exciting areas.

Find a new dropzone. I'm into classic accuracy, and outside of competitions, it's not that exciting.:D

I once landed on a 10x10x8' boulder near one bank of a river. It was _very_ exciting.

Scrap the tuffet so you can't just get close and crater the landing, add obstacles that will break you if you miss, and accuracy with a big F111 seven cell becomes a lot more interesting.

At a drop zone with a remote landing area where they ferry jumpers back in a pickup truck one might use its bed as their landing area. Exciting! Don't try this at home, it's for trained professionals only! Definitely don't crash into a pickup truck - we christened one guy who did that "Ram Tough" and were constantly saying another guy was "Like a Rock!"

No thank you Drew, I'm not into getting wild and hurting myself. ;) Besides, I fly a 120ft canopy loaded at 1.3 for style jumps, and it's pretty exciting for me. Straight in approach, 5 meter turf surf, and giggle for the rest of the day (or until next jump). :ph34r: It's not very SoFPiDaRF, but for some strange reason, I don't like pain.B|

Tunc you already have a "Real" performance canopy my suggestion is you start exploring it performance envelope.
If you can't perform harness turns with it you're not trying hard enough.

Think!! It's not the canopy it's the pilot
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

I was thinking it's gonna be hard only harness turn with safire. I have to learn real and tested techniques : )
actually they say you have a good technique. What is it mean "don't touch the front risers" this really bullshit I think i will develop to myself with this rule : )

Samadhi my weight 132 lbs and WL 1.2
Tunc

Based on the language barrier, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but I think I get the gist.

I would suggest you take a trip somewhere and take a canopy control course. I'm not sure where to go in Europe, but that big DZ in Spain (Emp-something or other) seems like a good place to start, or I would have to think the DZ in Dubai would have people who can help you.

The problem you have is that it sounds like you have nobody to look to at your home DZ for coaching or even just to try watching and learning. I would suggest that it's VERY dangerous to proceed forward with high performance canopy flight without formal training, or even a jumper to use as an example. A canopy control course will teach you a world of good info and give you goals and skills to work on that should last you for at least 100 or 200 jumps, and then you can return for a more advanced course.

I also think that if you do travel somewhere to take a formal course, that will help you along with the local DZO. The 'rule' is there to protect you, but if you do the work and have the training, they might be willing to give some slack and let you work on your skills.

: ) we have a coach in dz but there was an accident 5 days ago and dz's management said hook turn not allowed our dz anymore. it's forbidden our coach to : ) Dz management said that like a joke they said don't touch the front risers. I just wanted to learn how to continue my practices without pull the front risers ?

We are not doing something ignorant in here : )
Tunc