4dbill

"Downfall" Hitler parody on Swooping

Thats a pretty good example of the downfall that has become our sport. I was recently at a DZ "dont ask which one" with a new canopy. I couldn't get coaching becuase of my wing loading and jump numbers. I was then told I couldn't jump my canopy for the same reason. I was told because something could happen. Well no shit this is skydiving and something could always happen. At what point in someones life do they become so great, that they trully believe they have a responsibility to make decisions on what is safe or unsafe for someone else. Why don't we all just quit skydiving because that would be safer.
First, I came to that DZ eager to learn more about flying that canopy. So that I could be safer under it.
Second, Not one person actually looked at my logbook to see what my canopy progression was.
Third, I was planning on just doing hop and pops so the danger to other jumpers line is B/S.
Forth I would have absolutely no problem if they had let me do a jump, and if they saw anything dangerous grounded me.
Fifth the whole jump number system has got to go. is is a unfair assesment of any jumper.

I'm not trying to say that i'm some bad ass swooper or even a good canopy pilot for that matter. But I am confident that I can fly the canopy I have with out killing myself or others.

Oh and by the way, the overwhelming majorty of fatal and serious injury canopy related accidents have come from high jump number pilots.

"I'm a pilot and a wing is a wing..."

That was said about two weeks before a friend of mine turned it into the ground on a Vengence 120. He had about 300-400 jumps at the time. He lived because it had been raining that week, but he barely lived. It was a nice divot in the ground where he first hit, but then he didn't land again for another 50ft or so.

He had a few thousand hours behind the yoke at the time.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

At what point in someones life do they become so great, that they trully believe they have a responsibility to make decisions on what is safe or unsafe for someone else.

well lord swoopious, can you tell us what you were gonna jump and your wingloading?

saw the vid this morning - that's the best version of this theme I've seen so far

hilarious

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I hope you guys/gals enjoy this video as much as I did when subtitling it. :ph34r:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3y_7y2TxVU

4DBill
http://dslrforvideo.com

I wondered if there was a "Hitler is upset that it's too cloudy/windy to jump" so I did a search and found this. It made my day :D even though I have no swooping ambitions.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.