ianmdrennan

PD Factory Team short vid

Nice. I was disappointed that we didn't get to do an end-of-comp flock at nationals. Or maybe you and some others did it, but once the comp that would not end, ended, it was time to celebrate with Doctor Jasper Newton.:D

Don't you remember the speech that Jim gave a couple of years ago about 10ft gates and doing your 10,000 jump and being able to put your canopy between two palm trees with out killing yourself?:o:ph34r:

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, I have no excuses for the end of that video. I made a bad judgment call - pushed a situation that wasn't ideal (my line was off) - and am lucky it didn't end badly.

We don't often get chances to learn from those kinds of errors - I don't plan on ever repeating that :)
As for Nationals, I'd love to have done a flock but it wasn't in the cards by the time the comp ended (too many delays) - let's cross our fingers for next year.

Blues,
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

Dude, we all make mistakes and go "wow, that was close" when swooping. The difference is the experience to make it a smaller mistake and a close call, instead of a HUGE mistake and a fatality or serious injury. Its important that the beginner swoopers know that people like yourself can still make a mistake. Too often they only see the perfect swoops and guys like you make it look easy. So it translates to "it is easy" and "I can do it with 200 jumps if only I downsize" which we know to be a fallacy.

Good video. Its crazy to see so many factory team canopies up at once.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Was everyone in radio contact?

Yes - everyone had listeners, and we had 1 shepherd on each dive. It would be too confusing if everyone was talking.

There isn't much radio chatter, but it helps if something needs to be corrected, or some big change is coming up.

We use those for training people air to air as well.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I swear my heart is in my throat and I tear up juuuust a little when I watch you guys ....it's so beautiful and I can imagine the absolute thrilled feeling of "I cannot BELIEVE I am doing this right now!!" that must be coursing thru you at times.

"another day at the office"

:D

I did something similar myself a little while back. Landing at Elsinore between the Lucas Oil sign and the 3-4 RVs located next to the packing tent. Tagged a tree limb that was sticking out past the last RV. I don't swoop through there anymore, too many things to run into and not enough options to bail.

Thanks for posting the video, cool stuff.