hparrish

Raeford NC Swoop Pond

Well we usually have water training scheduled during the event, last year was the first year we did not due to lack of water.

Lack of water? :o

My canopy found it just fine. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Definately not Sebastian, I've never made it there. Its more likely weve met at CSS, Raeford, or Chester.

I'll be down at the tunnel next Tuesday, I'll try to swing by the DZ and snap some photo's if they've made any progress.

Ok pics of the pond I took Monday. They are working hard at it.

The other photo is looking out the patio door of where I was staying, taken yesterday! 4" of snow. Flew back to TX today.

As far as any "extra" activities in this pond, I would have to say, enter at your own risk!!! They have just under $20K invested and the liner can not be patched if torn. So being that Raeford is so close to Ft Bragg, I dont think I would want to find out what sort of "defense" the Thackers might have to keep folks out of the pond!!!:S;)

Its near Gene Paul's house across the runway as well, so thats another good reason to avoid any "play" in it.

But I can say that we worked out some great details for SkyFest there in June! I did not think I could ever get more excited or passionate about this event, but the people at Raeford and local sponsors have brought me to a new level!! This will be one kickass event!!
Hope to see you all there!!

So Harry, your up, post some pics, it was to cold when I took these and my batteries died so hopefully you have better ones to add!!

Here are some pics of the liner as well as the pond at Raeford. It is finally in and we are waiting for the water to dry up. It will be put in this weekend and the 1 million gallons of water will slowly begin to be added by rain and pumping.
The Liner was $12,000 and weighs 3,000lbs.
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

There is 675 ft of clearance from the south end of the runout to the tree line and double that on the north end. It is 100ft from the runway and 150ft from the tree line on the side.
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"