hparrish

Raeford NC Swoop Pond

Perhaps Greg Windmiller .. can keep us updated???

Harry, please address Mr Windmiller as "Sir" or "Mr.". Addressing him as "One of the Greatest Swoopers of all times", while absolutely true and warranted, makes him just a bit uneasy... due to the fact that he is a very very humble person.

Also, please try not to use his name in vain as He hears all. And when He hears His name, it distracts Him from finishing the final 5th volume of his book aptly titled "The Memoirs of a Swooper", in which Mr. Windmiller tells it how it is. That is how to become a world class swooper in two years or less and how to turn your canopy.

Here is what some of the greats had to say after reading the first 4 volumes:

- I never knew how deep the game really is. The amount of knowledge crammed into the first 2 volumes is INCREDIBLE. - Ian Bobo, PD Factory Team
- With unparalleled wit and good humor Mr. Windmiller describes the techniques and tells the incredible stories of how he struggled to get to where he is today. The wisdom of volume 3 made me rethink my life and career choices all over again Craig Girard, Arizona Airspeed.
- Simple. Powerful. Life changing. Hillary Clinton, former US Senator
- I am retiring next year. I am glad, otherwise i know he'd stump me. But in a humble and respectful way, you know? - Jay Moledzki, PD Factory Team

Sorry for digressing and promoting the Great Book, i just hope you all get to read it, it will change your life. I did mine....

Back to the topic, though! With the new pond and the tunnel Raeford is going to be the Premium US DZ, worthy of and able to accommodate GW's swoop practice. Just a suggestion though... Could they make the pond 600 feet, so that GW can do dirt-water-dirt?

You too, Albert. Please ensure that the course for the Clewiston event is well set up, the grass is green, the water is blue and everything is up to GW's standards, and you know how high his standards are! And after you're done... stop and ask yourself: "WWGWD?" and i am sure you'll find a lot more that needs to be improved. You got your work cut out for you, young man, better get to it.

but in a very respectful and humble kinda way, you know?

Chuck Norris called GW after the World Meet to congratulate him on his results. And while on the phone, Chuck asked GW for tips on how to improve his roundhouse technique. Makes me think that was the REAL purpose of the call.

One time at Raeford, GW drank 4 "Go-Fast" energy drinks, and didn’t even flinch. I am serious. He just got on the plane, swooped like a caged lion though his hand-made gates and the look in his eyes when he was off the rears, is something I will never forget. GW has no toggles. It’s unbelievable to see someone fly a canopy with no control lines. He has been spoken about as "unstoppable"

-Wade

Perhaps Greg Windmiller .. can keep us updated???

Harry, please address Mr Windmiller as "Sir" or "Mr.". Addressing him as "One of the Greatest Swoopers of all times", while absolutely true and warranted, makes him just a bit uneasy... due to the fact that he is a very very humble person.

Also, please try not to use his name in vain as He hears all. And when He hears His name, it distracts Him from finishing the final 5th volume of his book aptly titled "The Memoirs of a Swooper", in which Mr. Windmiller tells it how it is. That is how to become a world class swooper in two years or less and how to turn your canopy.

Here is what some of the greats had to say after reading the first 4 volumes:

- I never knew how deep the game really is. The amount of knowledge crammed into the first 2 volumes is INCREDIBLE. - Ian Bobo, PD Factory Team
- With unparalleled wit and good humor Mr. Windmiller describes the techniques and tells the incredible stories of how he struggled to get to where he is today. The wisdom of volume 3 made me rethink my life and career choices all over again Craig Girard, Arizona Airspeed.
- Simple. Powerful. Life changing. Hillary Clinton, former US Senator
- I am retiring next year. I am glad, otherwise i know he'd stump me. But in a humble and respectful way, you know? - Jay Moledzki, PD Factory Team

Sorry for digressing and promoting the Great Book, i just hope you all get to read it, it will change your life. I did mine....

Back to the topic, though! With the new pond and the tunnel Raeford is going to be the Premium US DZ, worthy of and able to accommodate GW's swoop practice. Just a suggestion though... Could they make the pond 600 feet, so that GW can do dirt-water-dirt?

Goooood LOOrd!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Thank you for making my day!!! I looked all over for the books, though! Are they of rare print?

Wade

You mean on the other side of the runway from the loading / packing / drinking area?

Yeah. I am a bit lost on the location. Is it going to be on the windsock side, or the other...thats a long walk if so, :P

" A long walk is better than a short crawl" so they say...

;)

From the flags and where it was pointed out last weekend it will be here. (see attachment)

You mean on the other side of the runway from the loading / packing / drinking area?

Yeah. I am a bit lost on the location. Is it going to be on the windsock side, or the other...thats a long walk if so, :P

;)

From the flags and where it was pointed out last weekend it will be here. (see attachment)

Wow. THE best answer I have ever gotten on DZ.com. No frills. Thanks brother ;)

;)

Wow. THE best answer I have ever gotten on DZ.com. No frills. Thanks brother ;)

no problem... im ready to start watching people get wet. it was still alot of fun this weekend watching people coming through the gates Rob setup.

I am going to get slammed for this, but the honest truth is that the average Raeford skydiver is not ready for it. I know damn near half of them....There will be many, many wet, reserve-repacked needed personnel. Rob is thinking, "yeeeessss...get wet....get very, very wet"

Oh, Hey guys!!! :o