gainer

World meet 2008, what's happening

try number 3!
15 MINUTE CALL for round 2 of distance and the winds are starting to pick up pretty good. or bad however you look at it. 10-12 mph cross wind now. I was on the first load yesterday so now because of the rotation I am on the last load last group out! Lets hope if we jump the winds stay consistant!
I don't want changing winds to be the determining factor in what the final standings are. Rain is another story!!!!
Ha ha!
Nick Batsch and Hans Paulson are on the first load and they are on their way to the plane now!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

1st load just jumped and we are on a wind hold!!!!
Come on winds. 9 m per second right now.
Nick was deep in the gates almost touching the water but had a pretty good run considering the winds.
Unfortunately Hans verticled. The winds were within limit but pretty close.
They are checking now but Hans might get a rejump
Keep your fingers crossed for the big guy!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

holy shit man. Weren't you verticaling 10 foot gates in perfect wind conditions just a few months ago? :P Great job man, proud of you.

Beek, sorry bro. I got a new personal hero. His name is G 2 tha W. Put me inline to be his wife, toy, gimp... whatever.

But guys... i am in awe, once again... Respect to Jay Mo! How many years and how many consistent results, first places? The greatest swooper of all times. He is the real Michael Phelps of swooping ;)

Pete Allum is representing Britily!
He is in deed representing Italy this year.
Sorry about not updating this after the last distance round. The winds were extremely high and they decided to go on with the event anyways. There were a few rejumps but for the most part everyone got through the event. The high score in that round was only around 128m No new world records as I predicted. I only went just under 100m and I was pretty happy with that with the wind conditions.
It is the last day of the competition and the weather is perfect.....looks like I am going to have to fight back as Shannon and Nick both passed me in the overall standings after distance.
Nick set another great run in the Accuracy event to pull even closer to Jay as did his distance round. Jay got under 100m or somewhere close to it in the last round of distance.
My last accuracy run wasn't the best but it will hopefully keep me near the top overall.
It seems as the winds don't really like us in these last few jumps as the winds were headwinds for distance at around 5-6m per second.
For the last round of accuracy the winds have been pretty dead! alot of problems for everyone slowing down.
As well as the wind issues the packing issues have seem to gotten the better of people. there have been 4 cutaways so far during the comp. Luckily for those today with the winds the canopies are staying pretty close to the airport.
someone saw hans's canopy land in their backyard and called the cops. when they went back outside to get it itwas gone! After searching and asking for it for hours the airport posted signs and handed out flyers saying there was a 5,000 rand (about $500.00 usd) reward and it turned up in under 20 minutes! Go figure!
Last night we had dinner prepared at our hotel by the owner Gavin. He slow cooked a lamb all day and it was amazing! The dinner was wonderfully thrown ending in the team manager(SGM Eitniear of the Golden Knights) being thrown in the pool!
It took JC and 3 others to get him in. Stu Shoenfeld took one for the team and went in with him!
We are waiting for the rejumps from the cutaways and then there will be a course change and the last round of speed. If the winds keep down there could be a new world record posted!
I will keep posting for the masses!
Mike Shatalov.....Will you be mine?????
By the way in case anyone was wondering the current world champion and animal Jaymo has competed in 83 swooping competitions so far!
This is currently my 8th total canopy piloting competition and no matter the out come I am more excited than you can imagine.

rejumps out of the way, now on to speed. The winds have shifted and I "THE GREAT DALAI LAMA" predict the world records are going down in speed which is the next event and then distance! 3-5mph downwind!!!

Just a few more jumpers and the speed event is completed. The only ones to go are the rejumps because of the timing system had a few glitches for the first few jumpers. It was down wind and cross wind conditions and a mixture of no winds. I had a cross wind push in the center of the course, which isn't the best conditions for everyone but they are my favorite. As predicted the world record for speed has been broken. It is officially now a 2.33.
Considering it has taken me about 5 minutes to type this much because my hands are still shaking, can you guess who set it?

Thanks Ian, and thank you for comming out to support the team during you and your lovely brides honeymoon!
We are ready to go for the final and most dramatic event in the meet. The distance event and I predict that the world record is going down!!!!!
It is hard to say who is going to do it though. Jay is looking strong as always and Nick Batsch looks strong but there are so many competitors that are capable of destroying the record especially with the winds being what they are......4-7m per second down wind!!!!
I predict the current record held by Nick Batsch to be crushed by at least 4-8 different competitors....I would like to throw my name in the hat for that one but we will just have to see. It may be 6m down wind for one jumper and 5m per second for the next....
The jumpers are out and let the smoking begin!!!
Chris Teague local favorite just hit a 142 meter run. Definately down wind 10-12 mph......Oh no! Jaymo just got the go to the bucket call! (TRAM)

Well it is officially over we are just waiting for the standings to be posted. We have a competitor brief in about an hour! As the great and powerful Dalai Lama predicted, the world record in distance was broken but it was only broken twice. First by Marat (Maha) with a 161m besting the old record by 10m then came Nick Batsch with an impressive GUESS???? 169.69.... You can't make up this shit!
Congrats to Nick and Maha for the distance runs. I am not going to post any standings until they are official then I will see what I can do from there.
My distance run was above average with around 140m I am not sure because I didn't hear the judges. I was still walking off the landing! It is pretty hard out there.
The US Team went big and represented in every way they could!
Special thanks to
SUNPATH for donating the money to buy the US Teams uniforms
OAKLEY for the sunglasses and the shoes and the backpacks
CAMELBACK for the hydration systems
UNDER ARMOR for the undergarmet stuff!
Primal wear for the US Team jerseys!

Since most of you are probably wondering what is the meaning of life since you have the Dalai Lama on line, I will tell you in a second.
I first want to say thanks for all the "thanks" I have gotten for posting. It helped to kill my time out here, I hardly ever get on here due to all the "My penis is bigger than your penis" individuals who post on here. I only use the site for instructor information, gear and rigging and to keep up on the incident reports and of course on this one. It amazes me at how it really is. I recently was trying to find out the information on an individual who died and it was pages and pages of idiots pointing fingers, with the pathetic part being only one individual or two in all those posts sounded like they were on there out of general concerne.
If this concernes you then you should check yourself!
As for that I am done....sorry for the rant. To the rest of you I love you all!
And the meaning of life is...........

Be content with what you are and what you have,
Remember, it could always be worse!
It is not what happens to you,
it is how you react to what happens to you,
that makes you who you are!

Special thanks to
SUNPATH for donating the money to buy the US Teams uniforms
OAKLEY for the sunglasses and the shoes and the backpacks
CAMELBACK for the hydration systems
UNDER ARMOR for the undergarmet stuff!
Primal wear for the US Team jerseys!

Dont forget to thank YOUR personal unofficial sponsor - Enzyte for making that wonderful Once-A-Day Tablet that keeps you happy and performing to the Army standards.

2.33!!

***And the meaning of life is...........

Be content with what you are and what you have,
Remember, it could always be worse!
It is not what happens to you,
it is how you react to what happens to you,
that makes you who you are!***

Thats not the meaning... what was that? It made no sense... was that a catchphrase or epilepsy?

P.S. from now on when in doubt i will be asking myself: "WWGWD?"

Unofficial results, and don't quote me on this yet

1. Jay Mo
2. Nick batsch
Point difference of 20 points

SA's two best pilots got 3rd in distance ""GO Chris!!!!!" and 12th place overall to non-other....Rob Kruger.

I got 38th which I am happy with considering what has happened to me in the last 2 years. (If you know me you'll know why, if not, don't ask) I just want to thank the 12 million poeple who have helped me get here, OK so maybe it was half the dz, you're still worth 12 million.

ps. I may have gotten 38th and Rob 12th but I beated him in SPEED....... YEAH ;)