deaffreeflyer

UK Wings Owner?

I looked into it and quite impressed with it. I wonder if anyone live in UK have a Wings rig? Maybe we could meet up and I have a look at it? Any chance can I do some demos on it in UK? But I don't know I'll have a chance to do it cos I don't see one in UK yet. If I ordered it I'll be probably first person to own it at my local dz - Sibson or any other DZs. I am not sure if it's good idea to do that cos a local rigger might not know what to do with it e.g. how to pack reserve in it. What's your suggest?

Many Thanks!

Bad advice.... The bag is different, bridal routing is different, and the closing order is different.

It doesn't matter if your riggers has ever packed a Javelin, in fact better if he hasn't considering what Phree just said. As long as he is properly rated and is willing to read the Wings manual.

Phree, I'm not trying to bust on you, but rigs have different TSOs for a reason....

Jason

eames,
Lighten up.
Phree was trying to point out that any rigger familiar with Javelin would easily be able to pack a Wings.
And I agree with Phree.
For the record, all good riggers glance through the manual of any rig they are unfamiliar with before they pack it..

He wouldn't be the only European rigger there. Maybe if he ups his rates he can afford it.;) We've had a PIA meeting in Germany (which I didn't attend for similar reasons). Maybe one day we'll have a symposium in Europe. Of course all I speak is American.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Ive demoed the dirtdive.co.uk rig.

It has a Xfire 2 149 and a Tempo 150.

Its very cushtee B|

Its very cheap to demo and you get to jump it for a couple of weekends.

Im now buying one ;). and glad i demoed first

If your interested drop him an email. (see website)

Safe ones

I have a Wings and have jumped it at Sibson. If you like I can bring it to the AGM. It was made for a '150 but I have a '135 in it at the moment. If you would like to come up to Hibaldstow sometime we can put your canopy in it ('144?) and you can jump it (Reserve is Tempo '150). FWIW my rigger here in the UK had never repacked a Wings, she really likes it. I'll be going to Hib fairly regularly from February again. :)
Will

Really?! Would you bring it to AGM for me? Wow, what a nice bloke! :) Yes it will be great if you did that - some free beers for you! B| We'll talk more about putting my 144 in your rig and some jumps (Feb/Mar) on it when we're at AGM. Wonder if it's a narrow yoke cos I have a very small shoulder and skinny - i don't fancy to slip out of it when I try some headdown!

It's very easy for you to spot me cos I am deaf guy - well there will be 5 deaf dudes at AGM - lots of hand signing in the air! I can email u my pic of me direct. What do you reckon?

Many thanks!

Stu, dont worry about Skreamer spotting you.. you'll have an easier time spoting him..... look for a guy wearing a burgundy leisure suit:P

I'm sure I saw a Wing or 2 at Langar too... dont remember who though....

Have fun at the AGM!

Remster

Yeah, no worries, I'll bring it to the AGM. Putting your '144 in it won't be a problem. I'll be quite easy to spot at the AGM cos I'll be the drunk guy, actually, er...... :S;)

Just don't expect me to spot you, because my *spotting* abilities are not the best... :D

PM me next week and we'll make a plan.

Will

Stu i met a guy in Empuria who jumps at Langar who has a Wings container - he was the skinhead guy with the crazy Da Kine freefly suit, remember him? His name is Darren - i have his email in my log book - let me know if you want it, i'll pass it on to you.
PS did you get my email i sent you yesterday?
PPS whats the AGM all about? Seems alot of people are going? Is it just a big piss up?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts