Weimopower

Any JVX pilots in Germany?

the canopies have to be certified by the LBA "Luftfahrtbundesamt".

the test flights "Musterprüfung" are made by "Verband unabhängiger Prüfer von Luftsportgeräte e.V."

i did not find the jvx in the list "Musterprüfverzeichnis Stand 28.08.06" , so i´m not sure if it´s legal to jump it in germany (also refer to insurance company/policy).

i did not find the jvx in the list "Musterprüfverzeichnis Stand 28.08.06" , so i´m not sure if it´s legal to jump it in germany (also refer to insurance company/policy).

I knew I'd seen something about it recently. Here is confirmation that it was being worked on recently.

the test flights "Musterprüfung" are made by "Verband unabhängiger Prüfer von Luftsportgeräte e.V."

If it wasnt so politically incorrect, i would say they are real canopy Nazis. :)
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

So what are the ramifications of jumping a "non-certified" canopy? This seems like a rather inefficient system. Wouldn't it better to have certified manufactures if the governments want to add more red tape?

every government has its problems. we have ours.:P

If it wasnt so politically incorrect, i would say they are real canopy Nazis. :)

:D:D:|

Very true, but this law/ rule/ BSR seems to be a bit excessively controlling on such a small market.

Sure, but how many low turn fatalities and swoop fatalities have come out of Deutchland over the past few years?

What I heard is that the JVX was banned in Germany due to the Treaty of Versailles, that its considered a weapon of mass swoop destruction.

:D:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So what are the ramifications of jumping a "non-certified" canopy? This seems like a rather inefficient system. Wouldn't it better to have certified manufactures if the governments want to add more red tape?

Our technical committee does the same thing in Sweden. At least here, it is often no more than checking that the gear is acceptable and adding it to a list. In the case of canopies there are also classified as HP or not as we have special rules for flying HP canopies.

In Norway you can only jump a PDF, sigma or vector 2 tandem system and you can only jump them with Sigma, EZ or blue track main????

no others!

sport mans are different though.

In sweden my friend had to write a manual for a certain (i won't name it to avoid identity) main canopy that didn't have a manual, he needed a manual to apply to use it. he is now allowed to jump it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Hello elduderino,

I got my JVX 3 weeks ago but I did not jump it until know because of s**t weather. I am also looking for a bigger rig, it did not fit into a 135sqft container!! I got a Velo 84 and 79 but this JVX seems to be similar to a Velo 90 (by size). Will post when I jumped it...