wildblue

Micron Opinions

Bastard, did you win the NSl micron challenge?

I love the micron, Ive jumped almost every good rig out there, and I havn't found one better. Easy to pack (few tricks to it, like every rig) Bulletproof as far as tabs, bridal ect. And very comfortable.
And at that price you wont find any other rig that compares. Jump on it dont wait.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I have about 500 jumps on mine

1. thick leg pads..it is nice under canopy (especially if you swoop).
2. It can feel like a brick on your back due to the lumppy packing tray, but the harness does allow for freedom of movement.
3. Main flap is very secure, reserve flap is very secure.

4. Riser covers can look wrong or lumpy if you tuck your risers down deep, if you put them in the middle of the chanel by the reserve tray and then put the inner riser cover over them it will look right. done correctly the riser covers are very secure (unlike lost of odyseeys I hav seen).
5. Tru_lock toggles are cool and the hard cutaway housing is really cool (had a hard spinner on my VX today and i had a one arm cutaway :)6. Spandex BOC is old skool, it could be better with cordura.
7. You still get 1/4-1/2" bridle exposed by the hackey, the free fly hande can take care of that but there should be a flap. this has been known too long to not be incorporated on the micron.

8. Aside from the brick like feeling, combined with the hip rings it is comfortable.

9. they have a new coating on the rings that looks ok even though it is not stainless and it does not seem to chip or scratch.

All in all I think the best 2 rigs on the market are this an the mirage. I think the mirage might be a little more comfortable, but the vector is equally as secure and is cheaper (especially at your price).

Good luck

ramon;)

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

had a hard spinner on my VX today and i had a one arm cutaway

Glad you're ok. Did you find all your trash with the winds like they were (assuming that yall had winds going 18mph-gusting to 25+mph like us and 35kts at altitude).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."