fallin

Canopy Camps

Hi all
Can anyone tell me what to expect to learn at a Canopy Camp-- This years Canadian Invasion has a camp put on by Jason Peters and Im wondering if its something that I would benefit from. I just dont want to sign up and find the skills they teach are to advanced for me right now Also, does anyone know Jason Peters and what his claim to fame is? Im still semi new to this sport--so I hope I didnt offend
Thanks

Improving one's canopy skills is something we should do constantly. Contact Jason and see what the intent is for the camp. I have taken Brian Germain's course and will take Scott Miller's when I have the chance. Getting some video and feedback helped me considerably.

Never be afraid to ask a question. It might just save you from making a stupid mistake.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

He is one of the best still-videographers in the world and one of the world's best canopy pilots...and he fly's for Team Evolution....or that's what the Parabatix video I have tells me.

I'm sure he's good, but as the monkey said, try contacting him and asking him.

Which camp, or instructor you decide to go with can depend on what you are looking for and what your focus is with your canopy. Tell us what specifically you would like to accomplish and what your future canopy piloting goals are.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Jason "Fruitcake" Peters is an amazing skydiver. He's been a professional swooper since the term was coined, has been on many, many national freefly and freestyle teams, and has been a photographer on all of the big-way formations (freefly and RW) for at least the past six years. He also runs The Arizona Training Center at Eloy.

Chuck

Thanks
My canopy goals are to master my sabre 150 for now-- Currently, I get to the ground safely, but Im by no means 'flying' it yet. Swooping is still quite a few hundred jumps away. Im definately going to contact the organisers of this event to see if there are more details.

Fruitcake's canopy camp during the Invasion is great. He sets up a course on the side of the alternate landing area and spends two days videoing every landing you make (as many jumps as you want to do - hop 'n pops or freefalls). He tailors the instruction to your personal needs. Want to learn how to fly a predictable pattern and flare? Done. Want to learn how to throw down a 540 and use rears. Done. You will not find a canopy control camp that is better value for your dollar.

I can't make the Invasion this year :(

Canuck

the absolute best dollar for information that you could spend. i believe he charges like $25- a day (underpriced by hundreds) and sits and videos and debriefs every landing you do. he will eat there and i don't think he leaves to pee.

jason was an amazing influence on me and showed me some incredible tricks that i deploy on every swoop i do to this day.