Fast1

The best hp canopy in the world

Agreed.

It also depends on what the person defines as 'best', is it speed, distance, stopping power, stability, etc.

People win under all sorts of wings, it's absolutely the pilot as there is no wing that simply blows the others away out there....yet :)
Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Each of these wings have slightly different performance characteristics, but I'm sure they can all go the distance with enough speed. So it is all about what the person likes. If you like long dives then the velocity is the best. If you like a good recovery arc, then the VX would be the best. If you like powerfull rear risers and large pack volume then the JVX might be for you. This swooping stuff is like golf man. All the different golfers out there have different clubs and balls. Each one of them is pretty good, but you hear a different name winning the golf tournaments every now and then. It just goes to show that everything depends on how well the individual is doing that day. Tiger Woods is an amazing Golfer, but he didn't make the cut this year because of his fathers death. If it were canopy dependant, then only one team or canopy would be winning all the time, and all the other canopy manufacturers would be making copies of it. That is all.

If you like powerfull rear risers and large pack volume then the JVX might be for you.

the JVX packs smaller than the vx. due to lack of stabilizers and having the small HMA line.

you must be thinking the one made out of sail material.

it's absolutely the pilot

Agreed ...

One only needs to look at yours truly this season jumping a new JVX and it sure hasn't been winning any comps for me as of late mainly because ... I'm not all that good, my wing loading is not all that high (the advertized JVX sizing is bigger than the Velocity sizing), I'm still not using an RDS (Mel told me to hold off getting one and I don't know where else to turn) and I'm currently not doing any turns bigger than 270s. I used my Velo on a couple of zone accuracy rounds this last weekend and it reminded me that it is still a very nice wing to fly. I'm not going to give up on the JVX yet, but it really is the pilot and not the wing which is the biggest influencing factor and well lately this pilot has not been flying all that well. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Most pilots have never had the chance to fly a Daedalus JVX since:

1) It is not sold through the normal network of dealers.

2) There is not an official demo program.

3) There are no discounts.

4) It is not sold to just anyone, only qualified competition pilots and those with the necessary experience to fly it.

The JVX that pilots can purchase from DAEDALUS CANOPIES USA is the same canopy used by our factory guys. Other companies sell a stock version and reserve the competition wing for their factory guys. The JVX comes in either ZP or sail material with two sets of thin HMA lines with competition trim. Come test drive all versions of the JVX at the PST's 2006 Swoop Festival (a.k.a. AIR FESTIVAL SHOW).

www.daedaluscanopies.com